Rain

“Kira are you hungry?” he asked while we once again started on our mission back to the leaf, I nodded feeling my stomach grumble.  I hadn’t realized how long it had been since we ate anything “I’M STARVED” I sweat dropped feeling weak from lack of food. “Funny how you didn’t mention it before” Sasuke muttered.  “Hn” I pulled one of his famous words and giggled

“I think you should do it with more of a relaxed voice like 'hn'” Sasuke told me “Like 'hn'” I repeated “No you’re not doing it right, its 'hn' not high pitched or so low” I slightly laughed as Sasuke was actually teaching me how to do it 'his way' “Hn” I tempted it again and this time it sounded way better “Thats not bad but it’s still 'hn' ” he repeated “Hn”- “No 'Hn'”- “Hn”- “No its 'hn”- “Hn” “No damn it! 'hn”

Our  argument that could be heard throughout the forest ending in my defeat and Sasuke being very frustrated, I was extremely unsure if he would ever speak to me again

After about halfway to another small village Sasuke informed me we would be taking a boat the rest of the way, for an easier and safer trip there. It was recommended by the Hokage after Sasuke sent off about what happened with those men before. 

Slowly but surely we reach the village and headed to a place to eat some food after a few hours of starvation, not really but I was hungry.  I followed just behind Sasuke as we entered a small restaurant where two female waitresses lead us to our table, gushing over how handsome Sasuke was. I mostly ignored their comments till we set down and I heard a few about me “Ugly whore” one whispered to another. “What’s she doing with a guy like that?” another whispered. I awkwardly sit there and had my head down hoping they would just shut up. “Here are your menus” one girl giggled and then dropped mine down in front of me.

'Dang it' I’m going to look extremely stupid. I was used to packing my food, hunting, someone reading off the menu to me and how embarrassing would it be if I asked Sasuke to do that? Ugh I should have told him I wasn’t ’hungry and I actually think I should still consider it but…I could...

I’ll just get rice… but I hate rice…damn it

“I’ll have rice” I told her cursing myself in my mind. I heard her pen scratch that on her notepad. Sasuke ordered something that I never heard of before and we silently sit there together, while the presence of girls seemed to surround our table.  I felt crowded and I hated big crowds more than anything, maybe because of my blindness but right now that wasn’t controlling me. But I did want to know…

What does Sasuke look like that so many girls want him? Even with my hands I couldn’t entirely visualize him. It bothered my secretly but I tried not to admit it to myself. I kind of wanted to see what everyone else saw and maybe I didn’t want to be a ninja. I wanted to be a normal villager who didn’t have to work so hard and had it easy. Okay so maybe I’m so lazy sometimes I put a lot of thought into what I would want to do if I couldn’t be a ninja anymore or maybe what I would be doing if I weren’t born blind and I wasn’t a ninja.  Villagers had it so easy… I swear.

“Kira you better hurry up and eat, we have to leave soon” Sasuke warned “SOON?”  a girl whined while others followed in. “Okay” I took some rice in my mouth hating the taste but I pretended it was good. I put this on myself, I really do.

Sasuke and I finished up and left that dreadful place where I forced myself to eat white rice 'yuck'  never again.

“Just up ahead we will be approaching a dock, we already have arrangements so will be taking off as soon as we get there”

I nodded

I felt very usual feeling that seemed to be taking my words right out of my mouth. I was supposed to get close to the leaf and be able to tell my father about the bonds I made over the year that I spent here. Would I tell him about the bond I was forming with someone that he had recently gotten into a fight with?  it was none other than Sasuke Uchiha.  Well this was going to be the down side of going to the leaf; I thought I would hold a grudge against the person that attacked my father.

Instead I really started to like Sasuke, but there was one person I will have my revenge on- I shook my head not wanting to think of that. I was so caught up that I didn’t pay attention to anything including my surroundings

“Kira?” Sasuke questioned “Uh sorry did you want something?”
“Just to tell you you’re about to walk int-“  Sasukes voice was lost as water hit my pale skin. I pushed myself up weather or not it had knocked the breath out of me, I forced myself to get up “water” Sasuke finished “Wha-t.  A .   SHOR-T. – HEH -. FUCK-ING- HEH - NOTI-CE” I brokenly shouted out of breath “You should be paying more attention instead of choosing now to be lost in Kira land” He mocked and I felt myself being pulled out of the cold wet liquid that surrounded me

“Kira land?" I questioned "You ass ho-le” my teeth chattered the cold wind now blowing against me hitting my wet skin and sending chills down my back. 

Sasuke sighed pulling me by my arm and leading me onto something which wasn’t hard to figure out was 'the boat' hm its surprising small.

“So it’s a little small” Sasuke stated “But it will do for now” 

He let go of my arm after helping me sit down “Are you still cold?” He asked “Am I still COLD? Freezing!” I told him surprised he even asked. “Hn” and the next thing I know a warm cloth was wrapped around me as Sasuke started moving the paddles to get the boat moving. It didn’t take but a second and we were already moving at a pretty fast pace. The water was seemed to be flowing in the direction we needed so Sasuke didn’t have to do so much work.

“Thanks” I mumbled “What was that?” Sasuke retorted “thanks” I mumbled again “I can’t hear you” Damn now he’s just messing with me “ I SAID THANKS” I yelled clutching onto the blanket wrapped around me.  “Okay okay! your welcome” I snorted with laughter at his words. Is he like this with everyone? I thought he was this super rude guy and here I am getting comfortable with him being around.

 “It’s not supposed to storm so well be good for the next few days” Sasuke informed me and I smiled in relief that we wouldn't be out in the rain together in a small boat.

A few hours later

“You were saying?” I remarked as the rain poured down on me and a very pissed off Sasuke “Damn Tsunade” He mumbled “Couldn’t even get us a covered boat for a couple of days” He added still sounding pissed. “Great just great, this is exactly what I wanted to do today. Be stuck in a small boat while it stormed and OH not to mention we’re probably going to be lost at sea” I pouted sarcastically “Hn let’s not get ahead of ourselves, you won’t be lost at sea as long as your with me”
“That’s pretty arrogant Sasuke…” - “Oh and you’re not being naive?”
“Who you think you’re calling naive? Arrogant!”-
“The same person that’s calling me arrogant”

“I don’t know who you think you’re talking to” I stood up slightly rocking the boat “And I don’t know who you thinking your raising your voice too” Sasuke said and I could tell he was now standing by the way the boat shifted “Oh yeah?” I questioned “Yeah!”

“Well what are YOOOOUUUU going to do about it?” “I’M honestly thinking about throwing you off this damn boat” “YOU WOULDN’T DARE” I yelled confident “Oh really?” his voice telling me other wise
“SASUKE DON’T YOU DAR- PUT ME DOWN” I shrieked while laughing “If you say so”
“No wait” I snorted “I’m serious put me down” I repeated “I’m going to”- “Sasuke you better not”
“And if I do?”
“Then the Hokage will be informed of this act of yours”                                                        
“I’m sure she would believe me when I tell her 'you fell off'” -“Eh why do you have to be so difficult?” I asked pushing on him to let me down
“I’m not the one who is being difficult” his grip loosened on me “Are you putting me off the boat? Sasuke I swea-“
“Don’t worry I’m not doing myself any favors” he said dropping me from over his shoulder “Favors? Jeez I see your back to you're old self”
“Trust me, the old me wouldn’t be this nice” he spoke softly sounding just inches away from me.

~