The Lucas Effect

Just then, someone pulled up next to me in a Monte Carlo.

          "Need a ride somewhere?" a mysterious soothing voice yelled out the car. I didn't know whether to trust this guy, especially having a first and worst experience with a guy just tonight. But when I peered into the passenger side window, the guy at the wheel had a friendly face and a nice, pityful expression.

         "I don't...really have...anywhere to go... But I guess so...." I said, the weariness obvious in my face.

        "Rough night?" he asked, "Don't worry. I don't bite." his smile reassuring. I climbed in the car and curled up in the passenger seat.

         "Do you, by any chance, have any spare clothes?" I asked, suddenly aware that the nearest clothes I grabbed were Cam's.

         "Not right here, but in my apartment. It's just right around the corner." He grants my wish and we make a left onto Minter Street. He pulled into the driveway of a big blue house and took out a key. "Here we are." he announced.

He opened the door that had a big silver C screwed into it. He grabbed something off the couch and threw it into a trash bin."Make yourself comfortable while I make coffee and get you some clothes. I'm Lucas by the way." he sort of shyly smiled and walked into another room. I sat on the couch and snuggled into it's warmth as I waited. My feet were sore because I had forgotten to grab shoes.

"Hey." he said simply as he walked back towards the doorway with a pike of clothes in his hand. Our hands touched briefly as he handed me the clothing. "Bathroom is right down that hall on your first left." he instucted me.

"Thank you." I said simply and went to the bathroom to change. He had given me oversize pj pants and a giant blue shirt. They were worn and smelt like snuggle dryer sheets.

I went back to the living room and he handed me a steming cup of creamy coffee.