Mission 30: Ferris Wheel

A/N: Fair warning I suck at writing romance. So don't expect much in this chapter.  Other than that, enjoy. =D

"You know we had that plan to go to Disneyland. There's a huge Ferris Wheel there. We should go there soon." Stiles mused. Steve perked up at that.

"When?" Steve asked.

"The day after tomorrow?" Stiles proposed, that would give them a day to have some rest and recuperate.

"Sure." Steve said, excitedly.

Stiles grinned and held up his tea. "For beating death three times today." Stiles toasted. Steve toasted with him and they drank their tea.

Phil arrived with Director Fury and Maria Hill. The man's relief upon seeing Stiles alive was evident. He run to Stiles and immediately hugged him. And Stiles just sank into his arms.

"You scared me half to death, kiddo." His uncle said, ruffling his hair. Stiles apologized but his uncle just waved it off. It was part of the job description. But it was harder because Stiles was family. "But you did good, Stiles. Good job with stopping Doom."

It was kind of weird seeing the Avengers sitting in this confetti covered temple and enjoying some refreshments with monks sorcerers. It was even weirder when Director Fury and Maria Hill joined them, sitting cross-legged and having tea. He decided to borrow Jackson's phone and take a selfie. He just had immortalized this moment. He was surprised that the SHIELD heads did not protest. Deputy Hill even asked him for a copy.

After that, they started discussing who will guard the Reality Stone. The Avengers had vetoed SHIELD from the start because of its history with the Tesseract. In the end, they couldn't decide who would be its permanent caretaker and settled with a temporary holding on the Sorcerer Supreme's hands. Stiles added a protection of his own in the box. It should keep any supernatural from taking it.

After some more deliberations between the SHIELD and Sorcerer Supreme, Stiles approached his uncle about Beacon Hills. His uncle agreed to send Parrish while Stiles couldn't. It might take a while before he could recover enough of his lifeforce to safely go back. Phil promised to get everything sorted out by tonight and send Parrish to Stiles the next morning for a briefing.

Stiles thank Doctor Strange and his sorcerers for the assists and apologized for dumping it on them without prior notice. Stephen gave him some papers and it was about recovering lifeforce. Stiles grinned and gave the man a big hug which was awkwardly received.

When they boarded the Avenjet, Stiles and Steve sat next to each other and not even a minute after, they had fallen asleep on each other.

When they arrived at the tower, Stiles pulled Steve into his room and Steve let himself be towed. Neither one of them wanted to be far from each other. Steve hesitantly joined Stiles in the younger man's bed.

"I need to call my dad." Stiles said. Steve held Stiles hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Do you want me to stay?" Steve asked.

"Always." Stiles said with a smile.

It took a few rings but when the Sheriff answered, his voice made Stiles' chest heavy.

"Hey kid." The Sheriff greeted warmly.

"Hey dad." Stiles greeted

"Why'd you call?" The Sherriff asked a bit suspicious with the out of the blue call.

"I ... I just want to say I missed. And I'm sorry for making you angry and worried. And I know we're not in the best place right now but I want you to know that I love you-" His voice cracked at those 3 words. "-and I will try to make it up to you." Stiles said. He could feel the tear gathering in his eyes.