Chapter One-Jack's Box

***

"Mom, I want a present", Jenna yelled.

"There's nothing for a spiteful girl like you. The Vampires will come child. And, when they do at Midnight, you shall hear their tapping in Jack's Box", Mom said.

"Mom, Vampires live in cold, dark, coffins".

"Sometimes, child, they live in boxes. Ill fitting boxes in the rotting earth. And they sometimes bite you in neck; sometimes they bite your flesh apart. And if they do so, they'll feed on your blood". Jenna gazed at her Mom, and shivered with horror.

"But...".

"Don't force me to beat you, child".

"No, Mom!".

"You don't go near Jack's Box, child. It isn't for your eyes". She gazed at the old cemetery outside; she gazed until her eyes hurt.

"Mom, where's Daddy?".

"He left".

"Why?".

"He was Ungodly".

"Daddy hated God".

"God ain't got nothing to do with you...or me".

And she opened the bedroom door, glided towards the eerie hallway, and left her daughter alone in the darkness.

***

Jenna reached her bed.

Gothic lamps illumed the bureau; more lamps illumed the red pillows that were spread all over the black rug.

She stared at the window.

By Midnight, she saw a boy glare at her.

"Give me my Daddy's box".

"Is it yours".

"Yes".

"I'll give it to you".

~~~

She walked to Jack's Box.

It was old.

She struggled to open it.

It was from the year 1735.

She saw an old fashioned lock in the middle of the red and yellow colored box. She covered her face from the ancient dust; she covered her mouth, as if to get rid of the foul odour that wafted from the box.

She didn't want to hear Mom's feet storming inside the bedroom again. She lifted the rug with her small, left, hand.

She smiled.

Then she opened the box...

...And screamed when a huge plume of smoke appeared...And the dead body of a Vampire who was buried inside the box arose from the dead...bared his sharp fangs...and fed on Jenna's blood hungrily.

~~~

Mom heard the screaming.

She burst into Jenna's bedroom.

She shivered.

She saw that Jack's Box.

"Child...".

~~~

And then she saw blood...

...A lot of blood.

And she then looked outside the window.

To her horror, she saw she was with a pale boy...with two deep puncture wounds on her daughter's neck...

"No!".

And she then heard another sound...

...The sound of someone rushing towards her with bloody fangs...And grinning as the Vampire forced her into Jack's Box.

When the box closed with a violent thud...a deadly mist reverberated around the old house...like it did in 1735 when the house was built.

Page 2.