FIFTEEN

F I F T E E N

I S A A C

The interview did not go well.

At all.

To start off, I spilled my tea all over one of the governors. Then I made a joke about being gay that no-one laughed at. And, on my way out, I tripped over the headmistress' cat - I didn't even know they were allowed cats in schools - and I'm pretty sure I broke her leg.

(The cat's leg. Just to clarify.)

I sighed and rested my head on the bus shelter. I should probably call henry.

But I didn't really want to call Henry. Now that he'd realised what a loser I was, he'd probably dump me for some bodybuilder and a have a child called Theo -

I rolled my eyes at myself and tugged my phone out of my pocket. Henry had made his face my background.

"Hello?"

"Henry, I told you, that's not how you answer the phone -"

"Yeah, but it's only Isaac," then, as an afterthought, "you are Isaac, right?"

"Right," I said, slightly miserably.

He shushed Shania and lowered his voice. "What's wrong? Is Ella okay?"

I sighed. "Yeah, Ella's fine. I, er, didn't do so well at the interview."

There is a slight pause. "Babe, i'm sure it was great -"

"Hang on, another call coming through," I said.

"Mr isaac Rogers?" a female voice asked.

"That's me," I said.

"We are pleased to inform you that you got the job -"

"I got the job?"

" - but you're going to have start a little earlier than we expected."

I cleared my throat. "Right. Um. How early's that?"

"Next Monday."

"but it's Thursday today."

The voice started sounding a bit desperate. "Yes, and we're very sorry, Mr Rogers, but unfortunately our current teacher is -"

I cut her off again. "No, that's fine. See you on Monday."

"Goodbye, Mr Rogers."

I ended the call and exhaled slowly.

Those other teachers must have been really shitty.

a.n: edited 4/12/15