TWELVE

T W E L V E // H E N R Y

It is raining, and I am listening to Taylor Swift.

Those facts probably aren't related at all. But, y'know. "Drop everything now/Meet me in the pouring rain." I wish someone would drop everything and meet me in the pouring rain.

I sigh and scroll through my texts, expecting to see something from Shania, at least. That girl does seem to spend an abnormal amount of time texting me. Normally about how she's scared she's going to get food poisoning from Mike's cooking.

Like Isaac did.

He's okay now, by the way. My favourite pair of navy Chelsea boots, on the other hand, didn't fare so well. 

I'm just deleting a text from my ex-boyfriend, Jasper - something about it being his tv - when there's a knock at the door.

It's Isaac.

"Hi," he said breathily, raindrops in his hair. "I, er. Hello."

"Hey," I said.

Silence.

"Justhadtodropeverything," he blurted out suddenly, and I frowned.

"Sorry, what was that?"

He took a deep breath. "I just had to drop everything. Even in the bloody rain. I mean, get it together, Britain! Haha."

I stare at him.

"Are you okay? Is it the food poisoning again?"

"Oh, bloody hell," he said. "No. No. I just sort of came to ask you to be my boyfriend."

And when he kisses me, in the rain, on my doorstep, I thank God for Taylor Swift.

a.n: i wrote this story a yr ago, when i was forced to like taylor swift because she had released 1989 (which everyone adored) and had outed herself as a feminist (which everyone adored even more.) unfortunately, my gut feeling about her turned out to be true (whitefeminstcapitalisttrashpsbadbloodwasshit) but i'm not going to rewrite this chapter.