Chapter 10

~~Vic's P.O.V~~~

My head was foggy, my sight was shaky and my heart was faintly beating loudly in my ears. I looked up to see Kyle beside me. A worried smile tugging at his lips.

“Fuentes, you’re alive thank God..”

“Did I pass out?”

I moved to support myself on my elbows and enjoyed the fan blowing onto my face.

“Yeah man, this heat is killer.”

“No kidding...and uh the picks are kept in that box over there.”

The frontman crouched down, choosing which ones he needed as I managed to crawl out of bed and onto my feet. I was about to turn and make way for the front, but Pavone’s voice stopped me.

"Vic, what do you feel about Jamie?”

My blood went cold and I swallowed a lump in my throat.

“W..what do you mean?”

“Dude, Carlile told us about a little rendevous he stumbled upon. With you pinned on top of Perciado like two animals.”

I felt my cheeks flush, I was going to talk to Austin about keeping his mouth shut or else I’d tell everyone he wasn’t just making his fans scream, but Alan as well.

“It was....uh...”

“It’s fine man, he likes you too.”

My gaze shifted to him once more. This time my dark eyes looking straight into his.

“I don’t think so...”

I thought about his words. Vic, stop fucking with me. He pushed me away when I reached out for him and he was growing awkward around me. I had kissed him, but if it bothered him so much then why doesn’t he just say so? He didn’t tell me to back off, but to stop toying with him.

That was the problem, I wasn’t toying with him. I was so confused.

“Kyle I don’t think..”

He put up a hand.

“Andy and I were the same. We both felt it, kept denying it and then suddenly after a drunk night of events that we shall not speak of, we told each other and look man; happiest couple on this tour.”

“Right after Austlan...”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“Right, so...just wait. He’ll come around and the two of you will end up all lovey dovey cuddling to novelas on the Spanish channel.”

I gave him a weak grin and he went out to the lounge. Announcing that David would be pissed and he and Andy needed to go. I could hear the door shut and slowly made my way to the lounge. Jamie and I were alone again.

“Maybe I should smother myself right now and get it over with.”

I heard someone muffle into a pillow.

“Don’t smother yourself.”

I said softly, hoping he’d remove the cushion. He did and stared back up at me.

“You should go back to your bunk and rest.”

“I-I don’t want to. I have to tell you something.”

I needed to break the tension, he was my best friend after all. 

“What?”

I sighed, fumbling with my fingers.

“I’m sorry, really sorry about everything that happened. I didn’t mean to mess with your head or anything...I just....I’m sorry, okay?”

There, I’d said it. I watched him shake his hair.

“Will you stop apologizing!”

I wasn’t excepting that, but ok.

“See, that right there is whats making it even harder for me. Because you act like you meant what you were doing and then you stop and say you’re sorry. So do you regret it or what?”

No. I did not regret it. I would never regret having the feeling of his lips against mine. It had been a heavenly experience. But I couldn’t say that, no matter what I couldn’t tell him and risk it all. 

“Can we not talk about that?”

I was avoiding the question, I knew it was an idiotic move.

“Fine what should we talk about?”

I thought about the ‘Fuenciado’ thing.

“How about your computer.”

“What about it?”

His voice was whispered, quiet, and hushed.

“Why were you looking at it?”

My voice became more stabled, I had to know. Jamie fumbled over his words, telling me he was bored and had searched what came to mind.

“You thought about our bromance?”

“Yes, well no...I mean uh... maybe..”

“Jamie..”

“Look Vic, it’s nothing. Forget about it. Cool? I’m going to the bathroom.”

He dashed off before I could speak. I clenched my jaw. So it did mean nothing. It always meant nothing. I wanted to dig deeper, to pull him out of his little shell and just make him tell me what he was feeling. Or show me, I didn’t care. 

I was stuck with him in the bus. Alone. Mike and Tony enjoying their girlfriends and skipping through love like it was nothing. And here I was crushing on my band mate who wouldn’t even look me in the eye. Throwing myself out of the window of the moving vheicle seemed quite tempting right about now.

~~~~~

“So, what do you think about Vic and Jamie?”

Kyle looked up at Andy who now had a guitar in his hand, playing it with the borrowed picks.

“Sexual tension.”

“Bingo.”

The vocalist could only chuckle at his cute boyfriend, strumming small riffs to one of their new songs.

“I think we should make a plan.....”

“You know we can’t interfere, it’s their relationship.”

Andy looked up, his light eyes pleading and his lower lip out in a pout.

“Aww come on, they need a little nudge into the world of gayyyyy”

He rolled his eyes, but decided to give a listen to his partners idea.

“Well why don’t we set them up on a blind date? I mean we are gonna be in London, it’s pretty romantic around there.”

Kyle thought for a moment, then nodded.

“So my plan is we....”

He leaned closer, whispering into the dark haired boy’s ear. A smile coming onto his lips. Oh yeah, this could work.