Chapter 3

Quick Note: Video to the side is the interview I'm talking about

~Jaime’s POV~

“Jaime would make an amazing housewife.” Mike mumbled to himself. I glared at him and he just walked away.

“Vic we have to get all the equipment in, and I heard the witch is coming with us to the UK.” Casey said, appearing on the bus.

“She’s not a witch; she’s just a bit...uh...

“Bitchy.” Mike finished, smirking, and left to go to his bunk. I chuckled at what he had to say. Vic looked over at me and I literally got lost in his eyes. Come on Jaime, he has Cara, don’t do this. Thankfully Casey cleared his throat and walked away.

“I’m going to make sure Cara settled in.” He mumbled, standing up to walk away. I don’t know what came over me but I grabbed his wrist and pulled him over to me. He stood in front of me again.

“Vic...” I began.

“Yes?” He bit his lip, oh my god, was he trying to kill me?

“Well… I know you’ve got her and everything, but do you ever…” He leaned in closer to me and I lost my train of thought. My stomach was filling with butterflies and I couldn’t even think I felt my heart pounding when he leaned in closer. I could almost reach his lips if I wanted to.

“What the hell?!” I heard an annoying voice screech. Vic jerked away from me and I couldn’t hide the hurt expression on my face. She always had to ruin everything, didn’t she? “What were you doing to Vic?” She screeched again, her voice reaching higher decibels than I thought possible. I cringed at her voice, it hurt my ears.

“He wasn’t doing any-

She was cut off by the screeching harpy again. “It looked like he was going to KISS you!” Jaime, what the fuck is wrong with you??” I looked away I didn’t know what I was doing.

“Listen, his eye was itching and I was checking to see if anything was in it. It was nothing like that.” Well at least he tried covering for me. But what were we doing, was he going to kiss me? And why didn’t I think that was a bad thing?

“He looked like he was blushing." She said and moved over to me.

“Since when are sluts allowed on the bus?” Tony asked sleepily. I bit back the laughter that was dangerously close to escaping my throat.

“You’re just going to let him talk to me like that!? And after I almost saw you and Jaime kissing!?” Seriously, her voice could be sold as a torture device.

“Look, Jaime and I are just friends.” Vic explained. I felt a pang in my stomach. Friends, that’s all we’ll ever be. I saw him walk Cara to their bunk and I quickly ran out the door. I couldn’t watch them anymore; I had to get away from it for a bit. I ran as fast as I could, wanting to put as much distance from me and them as I possibly could. Eventually I came to a stop in the middle of the woods. I sat down and leaned against a tree. Why did she always have to ruin everything, and why couldn’t Vic just tell her to fuck off? I sighed and listened to the wind blow through the trees. Suddenly I heard something that sounded like people whispering. Did someone run after me? I was proven wrong when I saw Alan Ashby fall out of the bushes in front of me.

“Alan? What’re you…?” I stared at him confused, what was he doing in the middle of the forest this late.

“Hey, Jaime, what’s up?” He asked, grinning. I noticed he wasn’t wearing a shirt and his hair was messed up.

“Um.. Nothing, what’s up with you?” I asked, smiling.

“Oh you know, late night walks in the forest.”