6 - You Love Who You Love

Dante and I ran in the direction Classondra went. I stopped at the girls bathroom where I heard quiet sobbing.

"Be right back." I said to Dante, kissing his cheek and walking into the bathroom. There I found none other than Classondra, crying her pale blue eyes out. "Hey, Classy." I whispered. She looked up worriedly.

"Don't start. I already know what you're going to say." She whimpered. I shook my head.

"No, you don't. I was going to try to calm you down." I reasoned.

"Don't lie to me!" Classondra sobbed. I backed up a bit. She'd never been this mad before. She went back to crying. I didn't know what to say for a moment.

"Melody's a lesbian." I blurted. Her head shot up, her eyes red from crying.

"R-really?" Classondra squeaked. I nodded slowly, grinning. Classondra smiled. "For some reason, that makes me feel so much better!" She exclaimed. I nodded.

"Sorry about asking, but do you... like Melody?" I asked. Classondra nodded.

"D-don't be mad at me..." She began, but I cut her off by putting my hand on her mouth.

"How could I be mad at one of my best friends?" I interjected. My hand fell from her mouth, which was trembling slightly. She must still be embarrassed from that. "Classy, Dante and I are both here for you. We'd never discriminate against you. If I did, Melody would freaking kill me!" I exclaimed. Classondra giggled slightly, wiping the excess tears away from her eyes. I grabbed her hands. "Classondra, you're an amazing person, and no matter who you love, Dante and I will always be by your side. Please believe me." I explained.

"Okay." Classondra replied in a whispery tone.

"Good. Now, let's get back to Dante. He's worried about you." I responded, smiling. A smile broke out onto her face. That's the Classondra I know and love.

-

We walked out of the bathroom to see Dante pacing nervously back and forth. When he saw us exit the bathroom, he rushed over to Classondra and gave her a giant hug. Before he could get anything out of his mouth, she cut him off.

"Gwynn explained. You don't have to. I always knew I kept this friendship for a reason." Classondra stated, grinning. I smiled at how cute they were. No, I'm not jealous. She's a lesbian! Were you not paying any attention?! Sorry.

"Okay. You guys wanna go back to my place to work on this huge ass project for social studies?" I asked.

"I didn't know we were studying Nicki Minaj, but sure!" Dante teased.

"Smart ass." I mumbled.

"What?" He said, trying to be threatening.

"SMART ASS!" I yelled in his face.

"Okay! Calm down!" Dante exclaimed while Classondra was cracking up. I love my friends.

-

Melody picked us up as usual. I made Classondra sit in the front, and she was blushing as soon as she sat down. Dante slid into the back seat, and I joined him. He squeezed my hand, and I squeezed back. We grinned at each other.

"Oh, stop it back there, you lovebirds!" Melody joked. Dante laughed, and I smiled. "So, you're working on a huge ass project? Does this involve Nicki Minaj?" She asked. I facepalmed as Dante burst into hysterical laughter. "I didn't think it was that funny!" Melody exclaimed.

"No, no. He said something like that earlier. That's why it's so funny to him." I explained over Dante's laughing.

"Oh... I get it now." Melody responded. Dante calmed down eventually. We just talked about random shit until we got to my house. The three of us worked on our project while Melody stayed on her phone in her room.