4 - The First Dream Coming True Moment

I walked through the crowded hallways almost eagerly that next morning. I searched the halls for the pair of bright orange eyes I've been longing to see. Suddenly, a pair of hands covered my eyes from behind.

"Hey, Violet Eyes." The calming, perfect, soothing voice I've been waiting to hear filled my ears. I giggled, removing Dante's hands from my eyes.

"Hey, Tiger. Where's Classy?" I responded. We had nicknames for each other. Mine was Violet Eyes because... well, you already know. Dante's was Tiger because he has black hair and orange eyes. Classondra's was Classy because she is just that. Classy.

"Dunno. She's here, I know that, but I don't know where her exact coordinates are." Dante explained.

"Oh my gods, don't get me started with your coordinates crap again!" I grumbled jokingly, covering my ears. Dante laughed.

"Don't worry. Not the right time. Only in math class." He insisted.

"Oh, yay." I said, rolling my eyes. Dante laughed again, only to make me laugh on our way to the science lab.

-

"Hey, Gwynn!" Dante called from behind me. I whirled around to face him.

"What's up?" I asked, my heart leaping the same way as every time I heard him talk.

"I don't really get the stuff we learned in language today. Did you?" He replied. I nodded. I understood it perfectly. It's surprising since we have a shitty language teacher. "Well, since the test is in two days, can you help me study?" He asked.

"Sure! You can stay at my place for the day! Melody won't mind driving us both." I answered, grinning.

"Did I ever tell you that you're the best friend anyone could ever ask for?" Dante responded. I blushed.

"I don't think so." I whispered. He chuckled softly, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"I should say that more often." He whispered to himself, but loud enough so I could hear. I smiled.

"You know, you've made my school life so much more enjoyable. I used to be alone every day. Now, with you and Classy in my life, I feel more... I dunno... excited to go to school every day. So, thank you for talking to me yesterday in class." I confessed.

"How could I not talk to such a beautiful girl like you?" Dante said, nudging me.

"I wouldn't say I'm beautiful. I don't think I'm ugly, but I don't think I'm beautiful either. I'm just average. Except my eyes." I responded. Dante shook his head as Melody pulled up.

-

"So, you think you understand it now?" I asked Dante after about an hour of studying.

"Yeah. Thanks a lot, Gwynn!" He replied, grinning.

"No problem! So, after I said the thing about me thinking I'm average, you looked like you wanted to say something. What was it?" I wondered aloud. Dante blushed.

"Yeah..." He whispered.

"Tell me!" I insisted, scooting closer to him.

"Okay... I was going to say, 'You're not average. I know this for a fact because...'" He trailed of into an inaudible mumbling.

"What was that?" I asked. He sighed.

"'Because I don't fall in love with average girls this easily.'" He admitted, blushing a dark shade of red, and avoiding my gaze. I was in shock.

"You... you love me?" I squeaked in disbelief.

"Yeah..." He mumbled. "S-sorry, I'll just go now. I know you don't feel the sa-" Dante's sentence was cut off by my lips colliding onto his, making the sparks fly.