Hey Pretty Girl

AN: originally posted on tumblr in two parts, combining it onto one part here. Inspired by the beautiful Kip Moore song of the same title. I wrote this about ten months ago, and its a personal favorite of mine. Enjoy. Feedback appreciated please. :)

----------

Let's Build Some Dreams (1)

She leaned back into him a little harder and squeezed the hands that held hers a little harder and smiled at what the low accented voice told her in the December night. She was blushing a little, but knew he wouldn’t be able to tell, not that he could see her face but that the only light in the room was from several dozen candles of varying sizes. “Where do you see us in a year?” She asked quietly, turning her head to crane and kiss his neck.

"Right here, well, on a couch like this, maybe not here." He laughed softly, the chances of them being in this hotel room, in this city were slim a year from now. He moved his foot against her ankle, and kissed curly blonde hair. "I suppose that sometime soon, I’ll ask your father for permission."

She resisted the urge to sit up but was beaming in the low light. She knew he already had her fathers permission - her father loved Ed like his own son. “Really?”

"I’ve been in love with you for so long now, Taylor, not that there’s a time frame for this type of thing, but yes, like we’ve been talking since the summer, someday I’ll be your husband." He squeezed her hands, "Where do you see us in two years?"

She was liking this game that she didn’t mean to start with that first question. “Hmm, well, knowing what you just told me, I’d like a ring on my finger, and maybe one on yours. I don’t know where time will take those things, but I’d picture us buying some land, or a home to have a family in, and making it our own.”

"I can’t wait to see where in the world we end up, home is wherever you are, love. I feel at home now with you in a room that we have until tomorrow but home for our family will be a house, and a community, and friends, roots to place and make their own like we did when we were young that shaped us to become who we are today."

"I picture somewhere with a large yard, so they can run around and be outside, and appreciate sunsets and spring days and the smell of cut grass and leaves changing in the fall." She felt him nod against her and kiss her hair again. "What about three years?"

"I hope, that three years from now, we’ll be joined by a baby." 

"I’ll be 28. I think that would be fantastic, Ed. And maybe after that another one?" She smiled again, well, all Taylor ever really did was smile with him but now she twisted from where she was sitting between his legs, cuddled against him to face him, he scooted so she could lay down on him and place her chin on his chest looking up at him with dancing eyes and a smile that to him, held the world. 

"I think that yes, we would probably have more than one child." He smiled widely, his eyes dancing now too.

"We could have lots of babies." She said, softly, testing him.

"Yeah, I suppose we could." His eyes looked distant, he was day dreaming. "How many are you thinking, love?"

"Uhm, well, if we can handle two, why not have three? And if we can handle three, why not four? Or five?" She laughed a bit and kissed the hand that he was tracing against her face.

"You think so, Tay?"

"Well, I mean, we gotta see what God gives us, he may only give us one." 

"Very true, we’ll just see where life brings us cuz it brought us here to each other." He grabbed her chin and gently tilted her face up, so she leaned up and kissed him on the lips.