twenty five; learning

That night after the three had eaten and talked a bit more with the two, at around midnight the five all went back to bed for the night

That night after the three had eaten and talked a bit more with the two, at around midnight the five all went back to bed for the night. Except for y/n.

She sat at the edge of her bed, holding a burner phone between her hands that Natasha had slipped into her pocket.

The only numbers that were in the phone were Natasha, Steve, Bucky's, and shockingly Tony's. She knew these phones couldn't be tracked. That was one thing they'd taught her in her short time at the tower.

She glanced over at her real phone and sighed. She picked it up, turning it on and smiling slightly at the lock screen. It was a picture of her and the others a few years ago with Ricky. She hadn't had any time to change it but she didn't care.

She was happy in the picture so what did it matter? She unlocked the phone and smiled even wider. Her home screen was a picture Natalie took of her and Peter when they weren't paying attention.

He was looking up at her with a soft smile on his face while she was doing the same at the ground.

Y/n backed up her photos to her computer quickly, not wanting to lose them. She then opened her bedroom window, giving her a view of the New York skyline. She shut down her phone, giving it one last look before she threw it down and onto the alleyway below.

She could hear the glass shatter and the metal break from her room. She shut her bedroom window and latched it, laying down in her bed and falling asleep almost immediately.

That night Katherine and Thomas did the same with their own cellphones, destroying them in order to keep themselves safe.

The next morning they woke up at reasonable times,  all meeting in the kitchen at around nine o'clock in the morning to eat breakfast.

Strange and Wong walked into the kitchen not long after the three, the both of them already showered and dressed.

"What time were you both up?" Thomas asked, biting into the piece of toast in his hand.

"Six. The Sanctum has to be protected at all times, so we wake up early to watch over it." Wong explained to them. Thomas nodded through a yawn.

"So today I'm going to be showing you a little about your powers. I'll start with you demonstrating them, although I'm sure you've done that enough, and then the both of us will help you in using them properly." Strange informed them from beside Wong.

"Cool, looking forward to it. What time?" Katherine asked him.

"Eleven. Meet me in the Sanctum Sectorium on the third floor." Strange told them, walking out of the kitchen after he spoke.

The three stayed there for a half an hour as they ate in silence. Afterwards it took each of them about twenty minutes to get changed. The next hour was spent in the library reading various books about magic and the Sanctum.