Safe Than Sorry (A Zayn Malik fan fiction)

Hi. this is my first story on Wattpad. lemme know if you think this chapter is good and maybe I will continue the story. sorry if there arer spelling/grammar mistakes. ;) comment, fan, vote plz

BTW- it might be a little short because it's my first post...

-Celina

Courtney'sPOV:

"Zayn! You cant do this to me! I thought we had something! please don't leave me!" I cried as my "now ex boyfriend" started packing up his things from our tiny apartment.

"I'm sorry, babe. I need to go..." he said with a tear falling down his face.

"WHY? Don't tell me you've been cheating on me, Zayn. Your better than that." I couldn't help it but cry even harder.

Zayn's POV:

What was I suppose to tell her? I cant just tell her about my friends. They will find her and hurt her, I can't let that happen. I couldn't help myself, I was just staring at Courtney,talking right infront of me but I blurred out her words because she was just so beautiful. Her long wavy brown hair complemented her beautiful, hazel eyes (which were now blodshot red from crying). She had lightly tanned skin and a perfect figure. She was so fragile and precious, I will never forgive myself for leaving her. I'd rather her be safe than sorry. We have been together for about a year and a bit and it was getting pretty serious. She ran away from home to live with me because her parents didn't have a good feeling about me. But they were right. I'm part of a criminal gang but I left them for Courtney and now they have started threating me through texts about killing her if I stay with her. All of a sudden, I snap back into reality. I feel a hard slap across my face. I see Courtney balling her eyes out as she slapped me. What the hell do I say to her? Cheating is the last thing I would do to her! As much as it will hurt both of us, I have to lie to her and tell her I'm cheating. If I tell her about the gang, she will want to get involved and I can't let her get hurt like that. Here it goes.

"There is another girl in my life. I don't feel like talking about it, ok? I'm really sorry. I gotta go." I said, with tears pouring down my face. **BUZZ** **BUZZ** I pull my phone out of my pocket and i've got a text from Harry.Another member of the gang I'm in.

Text Message: Harry Styles

*Dude, you said you'd leave that stupid girl by now. Bros before hoes! Meet us in the warehouse NOW, or she dies*

I couldn't waste anymore time. Her life was on the line.

"Was that her texting you?" she said, crying.

"Ummm uhh yeah. I need to go meet her... I gotta go." I told her as she started shaking. I felt horrible but her safety comes first. I tried to hug her, but she pushed me away. We were both heartbroken. I took my bags and left her.