Can't love you 4

Chapter Four

It's been... A while since I've opened my eyes. Lucas has never came back to see me. Maria hasn't come back either, so I've been alone singing and thinking to the point of insanity.

But there's an upside about this: it seems that I've gotten over Kayden.. Not over over, no one can ever get over their first love like that, but I excepted that he is gone and I have Mason. And Lucas..

My body feels slightly better, it may just be strong enough to on my eyes. I focus all of my energy into opening my eyelids. After a few-about twenty- failed attempts to open my eyes, I finally complete my objective.

Bright lights blind my vision having my react by closing my eyes quickly. I open them a smidge so they can adjust to the light. I fully open my eyes to see a dark red ceiling.

I hear a light snore to my left. I just barely manage to roll my head to the side and see a large cat lying on the floor; it's black coat gleaming in the flourecent light.

Mason.

.As if he heard me, he opens his eyes and I'm stunned by their silver depths. He stands up on all fours, walks over to me, then nuzzles his face into my cheek. I smile at him. "Hey Lucas," I greet.

I guess my heart, my lungs, and my throat is the only thing properly working right now in my body; everything else is shut down.

He licks my cheek, apparently happy that I'm awake. "How long have you been laying there?" I ask. He stretches answering my question. I guess he means for a while. The dream about Mason tranforming into Mason comes to me suddenly. Can it really be true? I don't think so.. I look at Mase.

"Are you Lucas?" I ask him wanting to touch his soft fur.

Mase tenses and let's out a low growl. I can see all of the hairs on his body stand up. He spins around to growl once again at the window. It  smashes and about five people in all black jump into the room. My eyes grow wide. Mason growls menacingly. The people all have silver, full face masks on; they're all surprisingly buff.

"Move you stupid panther. We only need her." one of them says. I can't really tell, but I think it's the one in the front.

What do they want with me? Why me? And why does that voice sound farmiliar?

The leader takes out a sword and Lucas crouches low to the ground, ready to protect me. The leader runs foreward lifting the sword high into the air, at the same time Lucas jumps toward him.

"No!" I yell.

Mason dodges the sword then tackles the leader to the ground. While those two wrestle on the ground the others come for me. They grab my body jerking me roughly. I let out a scream that makes Lucas turn toward me. He let's out a vicious growl at the man who is holding me bridal style in his arms; a dangerous gleam in his eye. The leader takes his sword and slashes Mase's neck.

"No! Mason! No!" I scream as he falls limp onto the floor. I wish I can struggle against these men.. So I can escape this guy's grasp.

The leader pushes Lucas onto the floor. I notice his whole shirt I tore open and scratches run down his neck, his chest, then stop right at his knees. That must hurt.

"Let's get the hell out of here," the leader says.

He waves his hands and a blue portal appears all the wall. Everyone except me and the guy holding me are left in the room; along with Mason lying on the floor. I look at him as he trembles on the floor, tears filling my eyes at his pain. He looks up at me and whimpers while a pool of blood starts to accumulate around his body.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper to him.

The last thing I see is his golden colored eyes before they disappear as I'm carried into the portal.

-/-

I wake up again (First of all when did I even fall asleep?) to see a lavendar colored ceiling. My body feels new, rejuvinated with energy. I sit up and look around the room. The room looks like it's made for a princess-literally, like a cinderella princess.I see two golden doors that must lead to the closet and the bathroom and something else I'm not sure of.

When did I get here? Why am I here?

I get up and immediately trip on something. "Oww.." I mutter.

I stand up to see that I'm in blood red dress and black heels. What am I some kind of princess or something? What is all of this? Some kind of elaborate scheme to make me look like one or something?

I take off the heels and throw them to the floor. The door opens to show someone I haven't seen in a while.. Well a year...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Who do you think it is? Comment with your answers!

~Lexi