Can't love you 3

Sorry for the long wait, I have been extremely busy going back and forth and such. I hope you all forgive me.

Oh and I'm thinking of publishing a story but I'm not sure.

Just to make it clear, Alexis' soulmate's name is Lucas (as far as you all know). I was using Justin beforehand, but I deicded to change it about halfway through the story and didn't edit it from the pervious chapters I wrote. So sorry for the confusion, I will edit those chapters as soon as possible. Lucas' eyes are navy blue, while Mason, or Mase (the panther), his eyes are gold. That was yet again another decision I made and didn't edit the pervious chapters.

I also dedicate this to gottaloveshortfri because her comment on the last chapter made me smile and inspired me to write for about a week straight and I got to chapter NINETEEN! Am I the only one excited for how this story will unfold? :D

Vote, Comment, Share?

^__^ Lexi

Chapter Three

I'm swinging on the swing again. Only this time it's summer and my body is covered with a pretty blue sundress. I feel like I'm having one of those Anne of Green Gables moments. I hear a rustle of a bush. I look to see Mason. He gazes at me with those golden eyes before darting off into the forest. I jump off of my swing and take off after him.

"Mason! Mase, stop running!" I yell.

Mase takes off faster until we end up in a meadow.

Oh god... I'm having a Twilight moment now..

I stop in the middle of the meadow just as Mason disappears on the other line of trees. I sit down in the grass and pick up a flower. Once that flower is picked I throw it into the air and the wind carries it high into the sky. It floats back down to the earth and lands on my forehead. A set of tan fingers take it off of my forhead before I can. I look to see Lucas but with Mason's golden eyes. His look is so feline even though he's human. What does this mean?

"Alexis.. Don't be scared of me." He says while rolling the flower in between his fingers.

"Why would I be scared of you?" I ask.

He doesn't answer my question.

Something by the line of trees catches my eye. I focus on what it is. The silouette of a man is standing in the spot, almost looking like a shadow but I know it's an actual person.

Lucas tenses and turns to follow my gaze to the man. He takes off towards him. After about five steps he starts to transform; he moves into an all four posture, his moves become more graceful, his ebony hair starts to growl all over his body, then within a milisecond he's Mason, my panther.

Wait... Lucas is Mason? And who's the guy in the background?

The guy disappears suddenly and I feel a presence next to me.

"Wake up, Witch Princess.. It's time for you to awaken." whispers a farmiliar voice.

I close my eyes and open them to see a dark red ceiling. I hear a soft meow-like sound. My head turns to look at the source. I see Mason staring eye to eye with me. His golden, cat-like eyes are full of relief. He rubs his nose against my cheek and licks it making me laugh. He licks it again before nuzzling his face into my neck.

The door opens. "Alexis! You're awake!" says an elderly voice. I look at the doorway to see Maria, the woman that was Lucas' nanny when he was younger and who is also his aunt.

"Ma-"

"Don't talk." she says before giving me a threatning glare so I don't protest. She walks over to me and gives me a white board and a marker.