Chapter 12 Touch

A/N: Trigger Warning: Chapter contains mentions of abuse of a minor. 

"Sammi.." Will said while Sam stood spaced out over the kitchen stove.
"Sam!" He shouted. Sam jumped and looked down.
"Fuck." She said and pulled the frying pan with burnt eggs off the burner. "Shit.. sorry."
"Its fine, Im taking Penelope to Liams today while Dad sobers up. I'll take her to get breakfast too. Why don't you come to Liams? Skip school you look like you need a nap." Will frowned.
"I'm fine." Sam shrugged and walked to the fridge to pour a glass of orange juice.
"Did you even sleep last night? What happened?" He asked.
"Dad came home drunk. I know how he gets so I grabbed P and came to your room and locked the door.." Sam said. "I'm fine. Lets just go." She said and drank down her orange juice and walked over to the couch where her father was sleeping. Her skin crawled just looking at him. She picked up her backpack. He stirred in his sleep and she jumped.
"Come on Sammi what is up with you?" Will asked.
"Nothing!" Sam hissed "Drop it." She added before storming outside to get in the car.

School had been mostly a blur. Sam couldn't focus for shit, her mind was elsewhere. She had showered at least three times since 4 this morning and she still felt disgusting. She looked down at her lunch and her stomach was turning. Lacey's tray slammed down on the table and Sam jumped. Her knee hit the table and her milk spilled into her lap.
"Oh! Sorry Sammi I didn't mean to scare you." Lacey said and started handing her napkins.
"Its fine.." Sam mumbled and grabbed the napkins and started cleaning the milk off of herself.
"Need help love?" Killian asked as he approached the table.
"No. I'm good." She replied as she pat herself with the napkins.
"Here you missed a spot." Killian said and grabbed a napkin dabbing at her inner thigh. Sam tensed under his touch.
"Hey, just relax.." Killian said and sat down next to her. "All done." He said and crumpled the napkins.
"Thanks.." Sam said looking down at her tray.
"Are you going to eat that or are you going to stare at it?" Regina asked.
"I..I'm not hungry. I'm going to go to the library.." She said quietly and went to stand. Killian took her hand and she pulled it away from him.
"Hey.. what is wrong?" he asked.
"Nothing." She said. He stood up and brushed her hair out of her exhausted eyes. His finger brushing over her face was too much. She slapped his hand away.
"Stop touching me!" She screamed at him. He put his hands up and backed away.
"Sam..what the hell?" He asked.
Sam shook her head. "I'm..sorry. I..have to go." She said and grabbed her bag and ran out of the cafeteria trying to ignore the whispers and giggles following her.
"What the hell was that about?" Lacey asked.
"I don't know.." Killian sighed.

Sam decided that after her freakout in the cafeteria, it was best to just ditch school the rest of the day. So she sat on the docks watching the water, since Killian had brought her out on his and Liam's boat, This was her favorite way to quiet the storms inside her head and since she didn't know how to drive the boat, she would have to make do with just sitting out here.
"You've really gotta stop running off like that Sammi.."
Sam looked over at Will as he sat next to her.
"Archie called. He didn't realize dad was back and then Killian called and said you went mental in the cafeteria."
"Yeah. Kind of." Sam muttered and looked down. "Where is Penelope?" She asked.
"She's back home with Dad."
Sam's eyes widened and she stood up brushing herself off. "We have to go and get her and take her back to Liam's." Sam said.
"Okay, you know he's not going to let that happen."
"He's not stopping me." Sam said and started walking towards Will's car.
"Christ Sammi,what happened last night?" Will asked.
"Nothing. Its only a matter of time before he slaps her around too, and I'm not letting that happen." Sam lied. "Come on we have to go."
Sam opened the back door and threw her backpack in the car.
"When are you going to realize that I know when you're lying to me Sam? What happened?"
"Will, we don't have time for this! I have to get her out of there before he lays his nasty hands all over her!" Sam spat
"Hey! Hold on." Will snapped. "What the hell do you mean?"
Killian pulled up to the docks.
"Does no one stay in school?" Will asked.
"Hey, there you are." Killian sighed. "You were supposed to text me when you found her." Killian said as he approached.
"Well, we're kind of busy. What the hell did you mean Sam?" Will asked.
"I didn't mean anything!" Sam yelled. "Drop it!"
"No! What the hell did he do to you?" Will asked.
"Can we just go get Penelope? Please?" Sam asked with tears in her eyes. "Please..before he starts drinking."
Will wiped a tear away from her cheek. Sam twisted away from him.
"Stop. I'm fine." She mumbled. She was trembling. Killian looked down at her shaking legs and noticed something he didn't notice before, Right under the leg of her shorts were multiple fingerprint bruises.
"What happened to your leg?" He asked.
"Nothing." Sam shrugged and tried to hide the bruises. Will moved her hand and looked at the bruises. He stepped back looking at her.
"Sammi.."
"Stop." Sam spat at him. "Don't fucking look at me like that!"
"Like what?! Like I'm worried about you? Because I bloody am! Did he touch you?!"
"Shut up!" Sam screamed at Will. "Just shut the fuck up!"
Will stepped forward to hug her but she started swinging.
"Hey. stop." Will said quietly and held her wrists. She twisted away from him and stumbled backwards against the car. She slid down the car onto the pavement and hit the side of the car with her fist and screamed. Her screams turned into sobs. Killian looked on feeling helpless. Will crouched down to his sister and pulled her close.
He didn't want to tell her it was okay, because nothing about this was okay.
"Never again." He promised. "Never. Again."
"We have to get her out of there." Sam sobbed.
"We will." Will agreed. "You ride with Killian. It will be okay."
"But.. Pene-"
"I will get Penelope." Will said and stood up helping her up embracing her tightly. "Go with Killian." He said and pulled away.
Sam nodded and walked over to Killian.
"Hey, get in the car okay?" Killian asked. Sam didn't argue she just walked over and got into the car.
"Drive her around the long way. Avoid the house as long as possible." Will said.
"Okay, why?" Killian asked. Will opened the door to his car and reached under the seat pulling out a handgun.
"Bloody hell. Will you can't!" Killian exclaimed.
"This ends now." Will said and got in his car. "Keep her away from the house." He said again and shut the door and put his seatbelt on starting the car and peeling out.
Killian ran his hands through his hair and looked back at Sam who sat in his passengers seat staring blankly out the window. Will would hate him, but he couldn't let his best friend go down for murder. He got in the car.
"Buckle up." He said. Sam pulled the seatbelt over her and clicked it. Killian put his on and started the car.
"Hold on." Killian said and peeled out of the parking lot speeding after Will
"Call Liam. Have him meet us at your place."
"What's going on?" Sam asked.
"Just do it." Killian replied.