Mark Of The Undead chapter 5

this chapter is mostly of Zoey,was just trying to put her more on the story...so enjoy..i guess

I was in the gym with Avan and was so glad we had started working with magic. It wasn’t as easy as it seemed, well what I did in class was pretty much easy, since the teachers just concentrated on my element ; fire but when I was training with Avan, I had to concentrate on using the four elements together which was very hard.

“How come I didn’t see you at the dance?” I asked Avan.

“I had to take care of some things,” he replied

“Like what?”

“Nothing you need to concern yourself with.”

“Why? Secret meeting with your girlfriend?” I teased curiosity getting the better of me.

“Stop asking stupid questions and concentrate on getting your movements right,” he said with calmness but the tone of authority in it told me he didn’t want to talk about it anymore.

“Whatever” I grumbled under my breadth and returned my stance to a squat with my two sides raised at either side of me; trying to balance the amount fire and water I could control.

I couldn’t be more frustrated, I’ve been trying to get it right but fire just to seem get out of hand with water forming a tiny ball on the other hand.

Come on, why you can’t just be equal! , I thought to myself.

Zoey pov

I couldn’t let Carson see me, I was beyond embarrassed. Maybe it was just me, if Ariana’s makeover didn’t work, what would. I just wasn’t good enough.

I recall as Carson just laughed as I asked him to go to the dance with me, in the back of my mind, I knew I wouldn’t stand a chance especially when he called the gorgeous blond girl that stood next to him his girlfriend.

Damn that stupid bimbo.

I walked slowly around the commons, towards the small orthodox chapel that served most of the school’s religious needs. Neither the priest nor any worshippers were close by. The place was empty until Sunday when it was filled with people to attend the mass. I was used to this as I always come here to be alone and be silenced from other things happening.

Slipping through a doorway in the back of the chapel, I climbed a narrow set of creaky stairs up into the attic.  Here it was dark and dusty; the only light came through a large stained-glass window that fractured the faint glow of sunrise into the multicolored gems across the floor.

I climbed up into the window seat and leaned my head back against its side, momentarily entranced by the silence and the light.

A low voice spoke from the darkness

“You sure look like you’re about to give up the ghost”

I sprang up, my pulse quickening. “Who’s there?”

A moment later, a gush of wind entered my vision, a figure materializing in front of me. A shocked gasp left my lips as I didn’t realize earlier that someone was in the room.

Messy black hair, pitch black eyes that could make you run a distance from the intensity of the hidden darkness in it, always had a frown…

Seth Zahra

“Don’t worry” he said “I won’t bite, well, at least not in the way you’re afraid of,” a smirk forming on his face”

No matter what happened in our world, a few basic truths about wizards remained the same.

Wizards were alive, Darkaems were undead.

Wizards were mortal, Darkaems were immortal.

Wizards were born, Darkaems were made.

And there were two ways to make a Darkaem, to force a human or for a wizard to suck all the magic in another wizard, killing them in the process. Wizards tempted by the promise of immortality could be Darkaem by choice if they purposely kill another wizard. Doing that was considered dark and twisted, the greatest of all sins, both against the wizard and the wizard way of life, but nature itself.

(Darkaems are forces of Dehazrious.)

This is what happened to Seth’s parents. They were darkaems or rather, they had been darkaems, and a regiment of guardians had hunted them down and killed them. If rumors were true, Seth had witnessed it all when he was very young and although he wasn’t darkaem, some people think he wasn’t far off with the way be always radiated darkness and kept to himself.

“what are you doing here” I asked.

“I’m always here” he said putting his hand in his pocket.

I widened my eyes “you mean-“

“yes, I’m always here when you throw all those pity parties”.

“oh my God” and you didn’t feel like saying anything or at least to let me know?”

“No” he growled his eyes darker than the black gown I wore.

I cringed, jumping off the window to leave.

“you can stay-"

“No”

“Please”

“Why?”

“I don’t know…. Just stay”

Something in the way he said it made me soften a little.

“Okay,”I whispered.                                                                                                       

 so sorry this chapter was short,will try and make next chapter longer,and this is not edited so they please try to make out the mistakes....