Mark Of The Undead Chapter 4(not edited)

Trying to figure out where my room 206B was, I wandered through different hallways. Without realizing it, I knocked into someone.

“Argh, watch where you’re going,” a girl growled.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, I guess I will have to start using glasses huh,” I snickered as I bent down next to her to pick up the books that fell down. 

“Yeah, it’s okay.” She chuckled. “Hey, aren’t you Ariana, the new girl in my class.”

 “Yep, um, sorry I didn’t get your name, I said to the girl who looked familiar in a way. Come to think of it, she partnered with me in defense class. “I was concentrating more on the dodge ball stuff,” I laughed out dryly, “Which sucked by the way, I added.” 

She chuckled again, “come on, that was your first class, besides you’re Ariana, you know…the girl who can control…..” 

“I know the four elements” I finished for her. I was so tired of hearing that all day.

“Right, I’m Kim by the way”

“Nice to meet you, Kim,” I smiled.

“So, what are you doing here? Researching?” she wondered. 

“Actually, I don’t know where I am. I’m kind of lost.” 

“Oh, weren’t you given a map?”

 “I was, but I left it in my locker.” 

“No offense, but that was dumb. When I first got here, I always got lost without my map.”

I laughed, “I know, I know, it was dumb.” 

“So, where were you planning to go?” she asked. 

“My room,” I sighed. 

“What number is it?” 

“206B” 

“That’s awesome, we’re neighbors!” she shrieked enthusiastically.

“That’s great, just hope you’re not one of those girls that like to wake your neighbors up before 4am,” I grimaced thinking about when I had to live with my cousin and her very annoying neighbor.

As we headed towards our rooms, I got to know her a little more. She had shiny blond

hair, green eyes, and full pouty lips. If she wanted, she could surely be a model and you would think she was the obnoxious type without truly knowing her.

but she was actually very kind; even had a small nerdy side to her. 

“This is it,” Kim gestured as we both stood outside my room. 

“Thanks a lot, you’re a life saver.” I told her smiling. 

“You’re welcome. You can eat lunch with my friends and me, if you want.”

 “Sure, that’d be cool.”

******************************************

The cafeteria-oops, “dining hall,” was nice. It was nothing at all like EHS, my old school. The room was pleasant and warm, most of the tables already filled with eating and talking. As Kim and I entered, nearly every kid glanced up with obvious curiosity towards me. I took a deep breath, and held my head held high; might as well give them a clear view of my mark, which they all seemed to be staring at anyway.

 Kim led me to the side of the room that held the typical cafeteria ladies serving food from behind buffet-style glass booth. Most of the kids were already eating, so the line was short as Kim and I got to