Sunday

Lauren tapped the final few words of her essay into her computer, ending with a satisfying full stop. She bounced Sam in her lap and carefully added her name and the date into the header. She had decided to finish her essay early to ensure she could enjoy the party tonight without worrying about it. Her Mom had also agreed to babysit Samson under the condition that all homework was completed before she went so there was that benefit too.

'You free? X' She stared at the text from Joey and wondered how she had ever had a life before him. Everything seemed to revolve around this boy now and whilst she wasn't sure if that was particularly healthy she found she didn't really care. He was obviously as interested in her as she was in him but that was only natural at the beginning of a... well, whatever this was.

'For you? X' she replied with a winking emoji and then followed it up with 'always x' to let him know she was joking.

'Come get coffee with me? I miss you and Sam x'

"Hear that bub? Dada misses you," she grinned at the gurgling baby in her lap and realised that this was her last full day with him. She would give him over to Joey at the end of the evening and then the next day they had to hand him back to Mr Hastings.

Lauren couldn't exactly say she was sad about not having a permanently crying baby at her house every other day but she would certainly miss his company and she would always be grateful to the plastic robot for bringing her and Joey together.

'Sure, Coffee #1? X'

'How do you know my favourite coffee shop? X' Joey replied with a laughing emoji.

'It's mine too x' Lauren grinned at her screen. She stood up and placed Samson on her bed whilst she got ready to meet Joey. She pulled out a flower-patterned romper and some Vans before sitting at her vanity and doing two very quick French plaits in her hair.

'I'll pick you guys up in 10? X'

'I'm ready now so whenever is good x' Lauren tapped back wondering if that was a bit too keen.

'On my way x' Nope, apparently not.

She smiled to herself and scooped Samson up to change his clothes too. Joey had left a few options at her house and she settled on a tiny pair of jeans, a t-shirt with a bird printed on the front and a very cute plaid shirt that she could totally imagine Joey wearing when he was little.

The doorbell rang moments later and barely able to keep the grin off her face, Lauren bounced down the stairs.

"Hi JoJo," She said as she threw open the door.

"There's my two favourite people," he smirked and stepped forward, pressing a kiss to Samson's head and then standing a little bit straighter to kiss Lauren hello. "You ready to go?" he murmured, his hand stroking Sam's head.

"Yes!" Lauren grinned excitedly, she pushed at his chest as he laughed until they were out the front door and on her porch instead.

"I don't think you need any more coffee!" Joey grinned, "Sam was good for you last night then?"

Lauren reached back into the house to grab Sam's bag and her keys before shutting the door behind them. Joey reached for the bag allowing Lauren to cradle their baby to her chest.

"Yeah, he was out for the count after you left. I think he woke up once? Best sleep I've had in ages!"

"We've got a good routine going on!" Joey exclaimed, shuffling until the bag was on his back comfortably. "Shame we have to hand him back tomorrow,"