Saturday

Lauren woke up Saturday morning feeling refreshed and excited about her day. Joey had walked her home last night and had asked her out for breakfast this morning. She had gladly said yes and with a long kiss on her doorstep that left her literally begging him to come in, he had said goodbye and she hadn't heard from him since. Her phone buzzed on her bedside table and she reached over to check the notification. 

'Still on for breakfast? Think Sam's missing his Mom x' She grinned at the text from Joey and quickly tapped back a reply. 

'Yeah definitely, let me know where and when. Just Sam who's missing me? X' Joey's reply came almost immediately and she rolled her eyes at just how much of a schoolgirl she felt waiting for his texts. 

'I was trying not to be too needy but yeah, I miss you too x' 

'Can't wait to see you x' she replied and stared at the screen until Joey's next response arrived. 

'Can you be ready in ten? I'm impatient x' 

'If you don't mind me wearing my glasses x' 

'Why would I mind? You look cute in them x' Lauren laughed at his reply and sprung out of bed to get ready for her day letting him know she would be ready shortly. 

It was ridiculous how much she liked Joey. He filled her soul with this unknown feeling that she just couldn't get enough of and for some reason she wanted to be near him all the time. He made her laugh and cared about her in a way she'd never had before and she was so, so grateful that they had been paired up for this challenge. She pulled a pair of denim shorts from her wardrobe and a soft yellow tee, sliding on her superstars and forcing her hair into a messy bun. She had just enough time to brush her teeth before the doorbell rang. Excitedly she ran down the stairs and pulled open the front door grinning at the sight of Joey and Sam on her porch. 

"Hi," Joey said softly, he leant down to kiss her gently and then pressed another kiss to her forehead as he pulled back. Lauren didn't really register either kiss as she was too distracted by Joey's face. 

"You're wearing glasses," she said. 

"Didn't want you to feel self-conscious," he shrugged nonchalantly and Lauren blinked at him. She hoped against all hope that she never screwed things up with Joey, he was everything she could've ever wanted in a guy and he was stood in front of her, wearing glasses so she didn't feel self conscious, waiting to take her for breakfast. 

Suddenly it dawned on Lauren; the unknown feeling in her chest was absolutely and irrevocably love. She blinked again and Joey looked her over, concerned. 

"You okay?" He asked, the hand not holding Sam's carrier reaching out for her shoulder. 

"Yeah," she mumbled still staring at him. 

She loved him? How could she love him? It had literally been five days. It wasn't possible to fall in love in five days was it? They weren't even an official couple yet and she was in love with him? Although, Lauren mused, if it was going to happen so quickly she wasn't surprised it was with Joey. 

She shook her thoughts away and smiled genuinely at the boy in front of her.

"Sorry, just got in my own head a bit, you ready to go to breakfast?" Joey grinned back at her and slid his hand down her arm to grab her hand. 

"I'm so ready," he paused tugging her onto the doorstep, "and starving," 

"Me too," Lauren grumbled, rubbing her stomach, "I hope this place has avocado,"