Our Mission

"Hello, Conan." RK900 turned his head to see Connor, the RK800 android assisting Lieutenant Hank Anderson as well as the previous version of Conan's own model.

"Hello, Connor." The taller android replied coldly. He has never talked to this particular deviant. Talking with deviants overall didn't exactly give the blue-eyed robot a positive impression. The two androids then proceeded to hold each other's arms and connect by removing their skin camouflage and registering the complete information about one another.

"Captain Fowler has recently given me the instructions of taking you on our next mission. He wants to see how we work together and if we are capable of solving missions by ourselves." Connor explained and smiled lightly. "...it's also Elijah Kamski's request..."

"I understand this is a capacity check?" The taller (well, theoretically - without the larger heel on his shoes, he'd line up perfectly height-wise with any RK800 model) android confirmed.

"I am not entirely sure but" "You're an android, you're supposed to know and you're supposed to be sure." RK900 reminded him, without any aggression or emotion in his tone, ironically making him sound only more terrifying. Connor flinched. It didn't move Conan. What moved him were his legs which now walked towards their next destination.

"There are always ways we can improve." Connor reminded him, optimistically as he caught up to him.

"That's me in what humans call it... a nutshell."

"Why a nutshell? An android's body would never be able to fit in that."

"Search it up." The android in the black and white jacket suggested. The RK800's LED was already yellow, his expression said hmm.

A while later they were already there... at a CyberLife factory. Connor opened his mouth to say something, but Conan's death glare made him review his idea. The two androids scanned the area and analyzed every part of it.

An LK800 model, female counterpart of the RK800 walked towards them. Connor seemed impressed, but RK900 didn't take any time to pay attention to her appearance.

"Her model has very appealing features, don't you think?" He whispered, wirelessly.
"I don't take interest in women or any woman-like machines. The investigation is all that matters." RK900 clarified, also wirelessly.
"How about... men?" Conan just looked at him with a disgusted expression. RK800 finally reduced his vocal activity.

"Hello, my name is Klara. I assume that you came to solve this android-only investigation. Follow me." She greeted them then held RK900's arm, peeling off her skin and exchanging information with him before doing the same with the shorter RK'. Her voice was soft and pleasant, similar to RK800's. Connor looked mesmerized.

I can't believe I paid attention to that.

The two androids carefully followed behind her, Conan more confidently and with a careless expression while Connor made sure to keep his movements in line.

"I heard that someone hacked into some of the android-building machines, causing them to crash. The production of androids in this part of the factory had to be completely turned off to prevent any problems in the next androids. There's one machine at the back that was really affected, it might even be considered as the source of the spreading bug. It might be the fault of a human, but androids can very much be involved..." She elaborated as they walked past the deactivated machines with metal arms and turned off lights.

Surprise, surprise...

"Well, I'm used to working with android cases. I think we can do it." Connor assumed, optimistically.

As the two went further down the dark halls, where no humans were present, the LK800 suddenly started getting unnaturally chirpy. Well, Conan didn't know her too well so it was hard to tell, but for an android, she shouldn't act so bouncy.

"Ahh! I can't believe each one of us was made in one of those! I still remember the day I was made! It was so fascinating! And the guy that spoke to me was also very nice!" She pipped. Conan rolled his eyes.
"I've had a... woman talk to me." Connor said with a grin.
"Uhh, can't you two be quiet already? Connor, I thought you were more professional than this." Conan snarled.
"I thought you were kinder than this." RK800 retorted quietly.
"Hey! Hey! There's no humans around. I think it's safe to talk like this."
"Is this the one?" Conan quickly changed the subject when he saw a flickering, malfunctioning machine that was still moving its arms around.

RK900 moved past the spinning arms, stealthily avoiding it and reaching the middle of the huge pad below his feet. He kneeled down and put his palm on the pad, his skin gone once again. In a few seconds, the machine was turned off.

"There's definitely an error." He thought out loud before examining one of the arms. It had thirium sprayed across it. The last android to come out of it was certainly defective.

"WR400 thirium... it's a few hours old. The android couldn't go far." Connor realized, wiping the rest of the blue blood from his fingers to the arm he originally got it from.

"Uhhh... it's so disgusting that they still produce these. I thought sex slaves were supposed to be banned." Klara complained. Without warning, Conan stood up and kicked the feminine android off her feet, pinning her to the ground with the tall heel of his shoe and pressing down at her thirium pump so she couldn't even move up her arms.

"We were assigned to work on this investigation together. Any of your incompetence will be marked as my incompetence too. I highly recommend you start actively participating in what we are currently doing or I will have to remove you, like any other obstacle." The RK900 warned with a steady, emotionless tone.

Silence.

Conan slipped down his heel from the android's body, observing her each move as she stood up.

"What was that for?" Connor asked him, wirelessly.
"Incompetence."