#4 Starbucks: Connecting People

Regina sat, trying to be patient as she waited for Hector to return from his date.

While she waited, she sipped on her starbucks which made her feel way better. She had had a tough week and was looking forward to the weekend.

She looked up, her eyes idly flicking over various patrons before they met his. He smiled at her, making her breath catch in her throat at his attractiveness.

She looked away, feeling self-conscious. She had  a feeling she had seen him before, and he had been watching her for a while.

Regina had that effect on everyone. Normally, she'd smile and ignore them. Today, however, she couldn't help looking at the gentleman more than twice. He was really something.

His eyes were grey and his skin complexion was brown, making him look tanned. He was not too muscular, but he had an amazing smile which could lighten anyone's day. His dark hair made him look even more attractive, if that was possible.

After a few furtive glances being exchanged, he got up, holding his cup in one of his large hands, and a set of keys in the other, and made his way over to her table, walking lazily like a male model down the runway.

When Regina noticed him coming over, she froze. Oh goodness! Was that necessary? She wasn't exactly good at talking to strangers and people she was getting used to.

"Hello, is this seat taken?"

"Umm... i am actually waiting for someone..."

"Boyfriend?"

She grinned, "No, i am single."

He eyed her, smiling as she realised that he was probably asking her if she was waiting for her boyfriend.

"I am so sorry... i thought you meant was i dating or not... i am actually waiting for my brother."

"At least i know i can take you out to dinner sometime soon."

Regina laughed, before looking at the expression on his face. She quit.

"Oh, you are serious."

"Yes i am. So, will you?"

"Erm... you don't even know my name..."

"I am Greg. You are Regina."

"How do you know..." she asked, and he grinned, before looking down at the table to her coffee. The collar had her name. "...Oh...!"

"That was awkward," Regina said, trying to defend herself. He merely smiled.

"I think it is cute."

She looked down and tucked a strand of hair behind her ears. He watched her quietly, liking her even more. She looked even more beautiful from up close. He found every reaction she deemed awkward weird. He had this feeling in his gut when he first saw her, that she could be the one.

"You've got many thoughts in your head," Regina pointed out. Greg blushed mildly. He liked what he saw.

"Will you still go out to dinner with me sometime?"

"Let us see how far you will get through with my brother," she supplied. Greg nodded, "he must be the owner of the other coffee."

"So, why today?"

"Why today to ask you out? Well, i told my sister that there was this girl i've seen for three months now at my favourite Starbucks and I really wanted to talk to her. She told me not to go back home without knowing your name at least, Regina. That is a beautiful name."

"Thank you Greg. Now that you know my name, we can get to know each other better. No, I am not goinv on a date with you now. In the near future, yes, if you keep the offer open."

Greg nodded. "Okay, but i am not getting up from the warm seat till i am done with my coffee."

Regina grinned at him just as Hector walked into the shop. His eyes scanned the room before spotting the two in conversation.

"Hello, so you guys have met,  huh?"

"You two know each other??!" Regina asked. They exchanged a look before both nodding as Hector took a seat and his coffee.

"We met on the queue of the line here and struck it off. He is an amazing architect!"

Feeling much relieved, they all started to talk. Thirty minutes later, Regina agreed to go on a date with Greg. It was a sealed deal.

And they lived happily ever after!

<><><><>

Author's Note: okay, i am not so good at ending stories. its a weakness.