ten.

Lydia's POV-

"How do you know?" Asks Scott, who's covering the only light I have as I kneel next to Stiles.

" His heart is beating so weakly that it doesn't create a pulse. Because there is no blood flow, skin becomes cold and cyanotic (blue), and the patient becomes unresponsive to all stimuli. If cardiac arrest continues for more than a few minutes, enough brain cells die to cause permanent death."

Derek growls, kneeling and pulling Stiles into his arms.

He nuzzles to nose into his mates neck, breathing in the scent of him, and wincing at the sound of the nearly gone heartbeat.

" Cardiomyopathy." Deaton exclaims, barging through the door and placing a CPR kit on the ground.

He starts doing compressions as he explains.

" Cardiomyopathy is a term referring to enlargement of the heart muscle. Cardiomyopathy is where the heart's muscle walls thickening and stretching causing abnormal tissue damage and enlargement. Enlargement and damage to the heart muscle can thereby result in life threatening heart arrhythmias. Narrowing and leaking of the valves of the heart can also lead to damage of the heart muscle. When the hearts chambers become damaged or weakened there is a risk of life threatening arrhythmias which can result in cardiac arrest."

It's quiet in the room except the jutting sound of the compressions, when we hear a spluttering cough.

"Help! Help, please Derek! I'm sorry! Don't let them get me, they ra-ra-raped me and-and they told me you hated me and th-that y-you didn't want to be my mate.. I thought you loved me! ..............I lo-love y..ou. " Stiles screams, bring tears to my eyes as I hear the words leaving his mouth.

My hand instantly covers my face as a whimper escapes my lips.

"It it feels l-like I'm d-drowning."