eight.

Derek's POV

<><><><><><>

[ Just before the crash ]

My ears peek up as I hear the crunch of tires pull onto my road, I slide out from under the sink to look out the newly replaced window.

"Stiles." I whisper, my lips twitching at the corners.

I can hear his erratic heartbeat now, and I start running towards the sound of breaking branches and the squeal of tires trying to brake, when a loud boom erupts throughout the forest as the jeep makes contact with a tree.

"Out for a midnight stroll, nephew?" Peter voices from behind me, and I spin, grabbing for his throat and pinning him to the side if my camaro.

" Stay away from me." I threaten, resisting the urge to snap his neck, so I can have enough time to save Stiles before the asshole wakes up.

Now that I think about it...

Before I can't move, I feel a sharp jab in my chest, and my eyes fall closed as he laughs.

"Wolfsbane." He snickers. "Your favorite."

<><><><><><><><>

Peters POV

~~~~~~~~

I drag Derek over to the crash sight, abandoning him at the side of the forest, but not before taking his phone from his jacket pocket.

I kneel by the overturned car, yanking out Derek's mate by the hoodie, not caring when the shards of glass scratched his skin.

No heartbeat.

I dial 911.

"911 What's your emergency?"

"Yes, this is Peter Hale. A car crashed outside my estates and I checked for a pulse but didn't find one."

" Can you describe to me what the vehicle looks like?"

"Yes, it's a dark blue jeep with the license plate 6 - Q - G - M - 3 - 8 - 7 and there is only one passenger. I think it's the sheriffs son." I say smirking.

"Ok, officers are on the way. Please stay on the line so we can collect the rest of your information."

I don't think so.

I glance over at my nephew, who's now slightly awake and growling at me.

" Don't you touch him."

I kick the boy in the side harshly. "Oops."

"Don't worry, dead people can't feel a thing."

But Derek just gasps, then smiles.

I give him a confused look. " Why do you look so gleeful? Your entire world just collapsed around you! You are going to suffer until you shrivel up and die without your mate." I gesture to the dead body behind me, but he's gone.

A voice speaks from the other side of me.

" Can someone kill him again please?"

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Sorry it's short, just wanted to give you guys some more! Hope you enjoy and leave tons of helpful comments!