Chapter Two - Wayne Manor

Chapter Two

She lay on something soft; it was almost as a cloud. Her body welcomed the warmth and she wandered if she really was dead. Emma opened her eyes, but had to shut them immediately because of the bright light that shone through the curtains. She felt something cold touch her forehead; a cloth. Alfred sat beside her in a chair, and it was then she noticed the tubes that were fastened to her body, and a bag with orange liquid. “Concentrated energy” Alfred said. “You wouldn´t wake up so we had to do something to make you get the energy you needed. We´ll take them out later on today”

“Where-where am I?” She said, and tried to move, but her body were still to weak to do anything.

“Wayne manor.” Alfred said, with a soothingly calm voice.

“How did I-“ Her voice betrayed her, and faded into nothingness.

“Master Wayne brought you here. Try to relax now.”

When Emma woke up the tubes were gone together with Alfred. Her throat was sore, and she noticed a glass of clear water on her nightstand. She spilled half of it over herself, but managed to gulp the rest down.

Shakily she managed to get to her feet, and looked around the room. Two massive windows gave the view of a majestic courtyard, on the end of a king sized bed lay a white diva. There was some more furniture, including a bookcase and an old fashioned couch from the 1900, that also in cream white. She walked over to the window and drew the curtains a little bit back so she could see better; it seemed like the road was miles away. Her head begun spinning, and before she knew it she passed out on the floor.

When Emma woke up she had to think twice on where she was; it was strange that she could hear the echo of dripping water and feel the chills on her skin. There was someone sitting next to her; Bruce Wayne. He seemed scarier down in the cave than up here, but she wasn´t going to speak too soon.

“I am sorry,” He said after a while. “I shouldn´t have locked you down there.” Emma looked confused; she hadn´t expected him to say something like that. “When I caught you down there, and found out about your father- I- Well, I took a wrong decision.”

“You knew my father?” She asked. She couldn´t even remember his name, she thought it was Thomas, but she wasn´t sure.

“In a way.” He said. Mr. Wayne cleared his throat before shipping of to another subject. “When you are well enough, in a couple of days, I´ll get Alfred to drive you home.” Without anything else he got up from the Victorian stool he had been sitting on and walked out. Emma swallowed, and sank down in the soft pillows. Everything seemed so quite. That night she had nightmares on where she would go.