Chapter 2

The two weeks go by in the blink of eye and suddenly I find myself in my new bedroom at my Aunt Emmy's house. The walls are painted a light rosy pink and it has all white furniture. Apparently, my aunt thinks a fresh start means a whole new room full of things. When I finish unpacking the few few things, I go out to see Aunt Emmy

"Auntie?"

"Yeah?" she calls out as I make my towards her.

"Um, I finished unpacking and I was wondering if there's anything you needed help with?"

"Oh, there's nothing to do dear. I was hoping to maybe show you around town tomorrow though, if you would like?" she asks.

"Sure"

"It's a lovely town honey, you'll love it. Your mom's favorite place to hang out was actually right in the park down here. She always said she missed the town when she moved to New York."

I stiffen.

"May I go to my room. I feel rather ill."

"Yes, I'll call you when dinner's ready."

Nodding, she looks hurt by my sudden coldness, but I can't talk about them. It is far too painful. I would much rather sit in my silent room.

Looking at the few books I brought, I realize I'll have to ask Aunt Em where the book store is, so i can stock up. I need to find myself a job too. Not that I need it, my family is very well off, but I want something to keep my mind busy. Maybe I'll be a waitress. No, I don't want to have to smile that much. Hopefully, a bookstore will have be hiring or something. Maybe Aunt Emy will find me a job.

I pull out my phone to check my messages. I delete them all without even reading them, hating the pitying things I know they would all say.

Are you okay?

Why wont you text me back?

I miss you.

Why didn't you say goodbye?

I know a few of them really do care, but I just don't want to talk to talk to them. They will just ask about my parents and my feelings and I don't want to think about any of that.

Soon enough they will all give up and stop texting me though. I feel bad for icing them out, but what am I supposed to say? I mean, I'm obviously not okay. My parents are dead, and I had to move to another state. I can't sleep without pills and half the time I wish I was dead. But nobody wants to hear that. So I don't talk to them at all.

~~~~~~~

Auntie went to bed about an hour ago and I'm rather bored. I head to the kitchen for a snack but stop when I see a picture of Mom and Auntie from when they were around my age. They look so happy, so care free. I wonder what she would have done if she knew that she'd be dead now. Would she like how her life went? And what about dad? Would he be happy to know that I am living with Aunt Emmy? Or would he have preferred it if I moved in with Grandmom? All this is so confusing. and hard. Would they like how i've been dealing with this? Would they be proud? Would they be mad that Tommy only came home for their funeral and then went right back to war. God, I can't even think about Tommy. He could easily die out there, and I don't even think he would care. I wouldn't care either if it were me though. He's barely written to me since our parents died. The few times he has, I haven't found it in me to write back though. He used to write every week. One letter for me and one for Mom and Dad. He would tell me about all the people he's met and the places he's been. Now, the only thing he says is that he's alive and will write soon. I used to check the mail box every day. I don't even go outside now.

That's the hardest part, I think. Not having Tommy. It was like I lost him that day, too. Sometimes, I just want to forget it all. I want to wake up and not think about any of it, just once, to be happy all day long. But then I hate myself for wanting to forget them. They did so much for me. The least I can do is remember them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Enjoy!

Love, me