Chapter 3: Stop calling her an 'it'

*Twenty-four hours later* 

Still a bit dazed from the previous days antics, the Avengers were all nicely settled now that everyone was on friendly terms again.

Until the baby woke up.

"ALRIGHT! WHO WOKE IT UP?!?!?" Tony yelled.

"TONY!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?! STOP CALLING HER AN IT!!!"  Olivia, also, shouted back.

"STOP SHOUTING!!!" Bruce yelled at everyone.

"Alright, everyone. Just calm down, I have an idea," Steve calmly told the group of frazzled superheroes.

"Well? Don't keep us waiting, Stars 'n Stripes," Tony replied.

"Thank you, Tony. For that unnecessary reply," Steve, sarcastically shot back, "as I was saying, I think that we should give this baby girl a name."

"That's....actually not a bad idea, Steve," Natasha said, "what names did you have in mind?"

"Well, I'm not exactly sure. I was thinking that honor should go to the one taking care of her," he relied.

"But, we all take care of her," Clint said, confused.

"I know. What I meant to say was: the person who is filling in as her mother."

Everyone turned to look at Olivia, who was trying to get the baby back to sleep by rocking her back and forth while quietly singing a lullaby.

"Lady Olivia, what say you of the Captain's request?" Thor quietly asked.

"Hm? Oh! Yeah, I think that's a great idea! Although, I'm not quite sure what to name her," Olivia replied.

"Well, maybe we could come up with some names and vote on which one's we like best," Clint suggested.

"Good thinking, bird brains! I say Maria," said Tony.

"I say...Margaret or maybe Harriet," Steve pitched in.

"I choose Asta or perhaps Freja," Loki replied.

"Those are worthy names, brother. Yet, I do like the sound of Hillevi and Thyra," Thor responded.

"Katya and Polina," Natasha said after thinking carefully.

"I like the name Denise or maybe Samantha," Clint said after waiting when Natasha was finished speaking.

"What about....Elizabeth? Or maybe....Victoria? How do those sound?" Bruce asked.

"Hm, those are all good names but, I really like Odette and Penelope," Olivia said.

"Okay, now that we have everyone's opinion, we should all take a vote," said Steve.

"Who likes Maria?"

*Tony and Steve raise their hands*

"Alright, two votes. What about Margaret?"

*Natasha, Clint, and Bruce raise their hands*

"Okay, three votes. I changed my mind about Harriet. So, we'll skip that one."

"Captain, I have also changed my mind about my choices in names. Could you just suggest Freja?" Loki asked.

"No problem. Alright who goes for Freja?"

*Loki and Thor raise their hands*

"Two votes. Hillevi?"

*Thor's hand goes up*

"One vote. Thyra?"

*Thor's hand goes up again.*