Chapter 8- Vanishment

I heard Zuko calling after me as I ran down the street. I pounded on Mai's door. This was going to end; now. I pounded non stop until she flung the door open. When she made eye contact with me, she looked confused, but quickly recovered,

"What do you want?" She snorted; she was angry, I could tell...

"Stay away from Zuko," I said calmly, "I don't care how much I hate him, he's still mine! I don't know who you think you are, but--"

"I don't give a shit about how you feel! Unlike you, I actually care for him! I can honestly say that I love him. Can you do the same?" I opened my mouth to answer, but she cut me off once more, "You think you hot shit? Well, if you are, then why is he cheating in you? He doesn't care about you! He's only with you because he has I be! I know, he told me! If he really cared, he wouldn't hit you! He would never lay a finger on me! If he really cared, he wouldn't have chosen me!" She was now mere inches from my face, and reeked of cigarettes and alcohol.

"Just go home, Katara..." Zuko called from behind me.

"Last time I checked, your me fiancé, not my father!" I snapped, never leaving Mai's eyes, "I'm not leaving until I know that this bitch will never so much as look at you again!" I took a fighting stance, ready to strike, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Sweetheart," he cooed in my ear, "Stop this... Look at me" tears welled in my eyes, threatening I spill over. I turned towards him quickly, eyes burning into his.

"Do you have any idea what you put me through!? I can't even think about you without crying, and now you want me to look at you!? How dare you touch me!? I hate you! Get off of me!" I swaped Zuko's hand away and ran. I ran as fast as I could, as if my life depended on it... I knocked over pedestrians as I flew by, wiping the tears from my face.

I flung the door to my bedroom open, and jumped onto the bed, crying into a pillow.

"No!" I yelled aloud. This was not the time for crying and wallowing in self pitty... I needed to be strong...

I rose from the satin sheets below me, and began to pack the few items that I owned. The bag that I threw it all in consisted mostly of small keepsakes and the few dresses that were actually mine. I wanted nothing to do with the Fire Nation, so anything that reminded me of it was left behind. I wrote a messenger hawk to Sokka, telling him when and where to meet me, and dashed out of the back door, carrying my bag along with me. I was finally doing it; I was leaving...

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Zuko's POV:

"Wow," Mai snorted.

"Shut up!" I snapped, "You've no idea what she's been through..." I stared at the place where she stood, my voice trailing off.

"Don't tell me that you've actually come to care for the little brat?" I glowered at her as she slammed the door behind her. I took a deep breath, collected myself, and prepared myself for what was waiting for me once I arrived home. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad... Who am I kidding? This is going to be the longest night of my life...

I walked slowly, eyes downcast, a hood shadowing my face as I trudged to the "home" that Katara and I shared. When I finally arrived at my destination, I kicked off my boots, tossing them carelessly to the ground with my feet. I sighed, and looked around the small room, but realized that I was alone. I checked the closet and the bathroom, but both were vacant.

"Where is that damn woman!?" I yelled, angry that Katara had not been waiting for me when I arrived; and that's when I discovered the note. It lay flat on a pillow on the bed, scribbled in. Katara's neat handwriting. It read:

GOOᗪᗷYE

Anger rose inside of me, consuming me whole. I screamed in anger, flames roaring from my mouth...

A/n:

*Sings* DUN DUN DUUUUNN!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooooo what do you guys think?? Is it good? Comment below what you think, and what you think is going to happen. and if you have any suggestions as to what I should do next, or any feedback at all, feel free to leave a comment or inbox meh. Goodbye my little turtle ducklings!! See you next time I update!! (Hitch will be soon, I promise... 😝) KAY BAI!!!!!!!!!!!!