Chapter 9: Truth Revealed

Leah's POV

I can see the tears threatening to fall off my mom's eyes. Instead of interrupting her I however, let her carry on.

"I-I was seventeen when I met Joseph-your father. He w-was my mate, but it wasn't tough for me to recognize that he was h-human." Wiping a tear off her cheek she continued...

"So, as my friends advised me to make him fall in love with me without revealing the truth about our werewolf committee. Being an immature teenager, I followed. However, it definitely worked due to mate pull and then one day I found out I'm pregnant. He said he won't leave me...and he didn't; we g-got married." She was utterly sobbing now. I can't see her like this...I went to her placing my hand on her back, but she stopped me and continued either way...

"That's w-when w-we had our first child...your, your br-brother, Liam. He wasn't a pup though..he was human. However, y-you weren't human you were our little angelic pup. He loved you, your father loved you, but I had to clear things out with him a-and when we did..we went to A-Alpha M-Mason to let your father and brother join the pack, usually he allows, but this time he refused..I-I didn't comprehend why at first. However, it was because I was oblivious to the fact that your father was a-a... hunter.." She whispered the last part.

My eyes widen with shock. My father? MY father was a hunter..? This is just too much to handle. I have a brother? I felt broke and betrayed...

My mom almost certainly noticed my eye colour change as I was trying to prevent my wolf from taking over at this moment. Before I do something out of anger that I would regret later, she placed her palm on my hand giving it a little squeeze.

"I-I still assured Alpha Mason that your father won't hurt the pack, but before we can end up with an exception... He-he t-told us he'll leave with Liam since joining the pack would be against his will. However, he assured me that he won't hurt Alpha Masons pack or any werewolf at the time because you...you my dear, had his heart." She exclaimed.

This time I interrupted, "as far as I know we never attended any pack meetings and most importantly..we never were a part of any pack?"

"I'm getting there sweetie" she assured politely. As continued...

"So as I was saying, you had your father’s heart, honey. He said he wouldn't hurt his little princess, but for me, it was just so much to take.

I couldn't imagine my son getting taken away from me. I was a mother after all. He-he said he'll never come in our way, but after he walked out on me.. I requested the Alpha to stay outside of pack stuff cuz I never wanted you to grow up getting involved in this. I wanted you to have a happy childhood as every other pup. Ofcourse, being a compassionate and considerate fa-A-Alpha he granted my request, and assured me that if we are ever in need we are always welcomed there. Other than that your father's last words were crystal clear...'this one time, I put my identity on side since you're my mate and will look after my beautiful princess, but that won't stop me from hunting. However, I'll never get in her way, but I will return to meet her someday.'" She emphasized every word he said.

"Mom, I have one last question. Um..who was Alpha Mason? I'm sure he was your Alpha, but I've a feeling there's more to that."

Her head snapped at me right away. She stared at me like I've grew two heads with her wide eyes. She seemed hesitant to speak, but answered my question anyway,"Alpha Mason was my f-father; so you've Alpha blood in you as well and that explains why you're a white wolf, purebred that only happens once in 1000 years. I just  hope he never figures that out though...oh dear.."

I pulled her into a tight hug. I love my mother for raising me as a single mother yet; never letting me feel the emptiness of being a child without a father throughout my childhood. She has been very strong. She was both my father and my mother. She never let me feel father-less and let me tell you what, she did a great job at it. She gave me the best childhood. I'm what I am today is all cuz of her love, care, and affection towards me. Even in my hard times she always clung to my side. I owe her for all I am and ever hope to be. I feel betrayed, but I understand her point of view. After everything she has done for me I can’t stay mad at her.   

There were so many thoughts going through my mind though-about my father and brother. Is my brother a hunter too? Does he remember me? Why did my father want to return to see me, when he clearly walked out on us? Will Liam love me? Damn, will I even get to see him? Will my father even recognize me?

Everything is placed in front of me now. My father left my mother, his mate and me just because being part of a werewolf committee will be against his will. He even dared to separate me and my brother. Not just siblings, but a child from his mother when he was in a state where he needed his mother the most. He walked out on us, but why will he want to return to meet me? What difference will it make?

Looking at those papers in Jason's office with his name on it and getting to know from my mother that he is a hunter who is oblivious of me being Jason's mate. Putting the two puzzles together I for sure figured out that he is planning on attacking Jason's pack. Our pack. But why? Will he back out when he realizes it's me, his daughter who is the future Luna of Midnight Shadow Pack? Especially when I'm white wolf, purebred I'll be magnet to hunters and rouges, but my father won't hurt me right?

Jason's POV

After dropping off Leah at her mother's house I went straight to my office to figure out a few things.

Why would after all this years hunters declare a war? And not just any regular hunter vs. werewolf war.. It was declared in order to kill or take Leah. It was a live or die situation for my pack, but I’ll always protect Leah. The future Luna to my pack and after mating, her bond will become stronger with the pack members.

Just thinking about this makes my wolf growl and go crazy though. I can’t lose her, never will I ever.

"no one can harm our mate." He growled.

"Calm down we are here to protect our mate. We won't let anyone lay their hand on OUR mate."

With that I blocked him out and continued thinking about why would hunters want to do anything with Leah? We never had any war with hunter Joseph before. I thought we had treaty; well, guess not.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 9!! Finally!

A/N: Yup this chapter was too informative and emotional for a few, but the truth had to be revealed afterall;). 

Share your thoughts and hope you liked it.

Thankyou for reading!:).

~Al