Prologue

Prologue

I could feel the searing pain spread from my limp neck, down my chest and around my stomach. Every couple of seconds a surge of warmth and pain spread through my weak body making me more and more tired and weak each time. I was sure I would black out any time soon - I was hoping I would - but I wouldn't, no matter how long it went on for I just wouldn't. My body was limp but I wasn't on the floor, I hadn't fallen; a pair of warm hands were holding me, one under my neck the other holding me around my chest, the hand finally resting on my back. However, my head wasn't being held, it was hanging letting my blonde hair fall down, slightly brushing the ground - which was covered in autumn leaves - below me. 

I was sure I was going to die, no doubt about it. But, I didn't want it to be like this... not slow and painful, dying in someone I don't even know's arms. As I hung there in those hands I thought about the way I wished I could of died, I wished that it was a peaceful one where you die in your sleep. Funnily enough, I also wished I could have died drowning because I heard it doesn't take long. I didn't know how long I'd been in those cold woods for with this man; it felt like hours but I'm sure it was only a couple of minutes.

The last thing I remember was that I saw something moving in the woods, and because of my curiosity I went in to find it... whatever it was. I walked slowly getting deeper and deeper in, the leaves crunching underneath my black, leather creepers with every step. After a few minutes of walking round I stopped, but when I did, something grabbed me and pain shot through my neck like several needles had been plunged into it. It was the worst feeling in the world because I felt defensless and weak with pain all around my body. Who is this man? What is happening? What is he doing to me? Those were the questions that passed through my mind. But no one could answer them, I couldn't answer them.

Suddenly, the man dropped me and I fell to the floor with a thud. Every noise sounded like I was underwater, all muffled and unclear. Then everything was clear again; my sight and my hearing. I turned to lie on the right side of my body probably getting dirt all over my already blood covered black dress. I looked down to my legs and there was a large rip in my once white tights, I looked back up to see the man standing and staring at me. For a second I didn't realise who it was until it hit me right in the face. "It-it's y-you!" I said weakily struggling to keep my finger pointing at him. "W-why?" And everything went black.