Chapter Three: The Puppetmaster

It had been about a week after the dancing party. Sokka had got his awesome space sword, while we were waiting for him I convinced Toph to teach me metal bending.

I tried it for three hours straight before she gave up on me. But I finally slightly moved the piece of metal, ever so slightly but it was enough. So I was officially a metal bender!

When we were scamming people Katara and Toph didn't get captured, the plan went the way it was supposed to go. I found it strange that combustion man didn't go after us, he did in the show. Unless Zuko didn't send him after us, but why would he do that?

Phfff.

We were camping in a forest, I knew what it would start but I didn't want to avoid it because of the captives.

We sat around a fire telling ghost stories, and right then it was my turn. I decided to go with one that would definitely be scary. "It all began with one little girl. It was just another night in the Lee home. But as this sweet little girl slept her legs began to move on their own! She opened her eyes to find she was walking out of the house!" I looked around making sure not to drop my act, to see interested or scared faces. I hadn't even got to the end yet. "Her arm opened the door and she began to walk through, she tried to fight this power but couldn't. Her family heard this and ran to help her, but when they got in there, they saw it. In a forest much like this, on a moon like this. A pure Black figure." Sokka and Aang got specially scared when I mentioned a forest.

"It was like it was taking light and turning it into darkness. There was a ringing in they're ears. The girl had no choice but to give into the pull that was pushing every vein, every muscle in her body. The question was what did it want. The sounds it made were like an owl of some kind." I looked around to see everyone freaking out, specially when they heard an owl in the distance. "-and that's when they heard it. The music ringing in their ears. Come crawling faster. Obey your master. Your life burns faster. Obey your master, master. Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings. Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams. Blinded by me you can't see a thing. Just call my name cause I'll hear you scream, master, master!" I pulled out my guitar and played Metallica.

It completely threw them off and they all got annoyed. "Ya'll thought I would finish?" I laughed. "It's too sad." I finished as they were all still annoyed.

"Wait, I got one." Sokka said before we sat through a terrible story. It was like one of those movies you don't go watch.

"Suddenly they heard something down the hall in the dark. Whoooo. It came into the torch light.... and they knew the blade of wing fun was haunted! Ahhhauugh!" Sokka screamed like it was a song as he unsheathed his sword.

"I think I like the man with the sword for a hand better." Aang commented, not pleased at all.

"Water Tribe slumber parties must stink." Toph scoffed as she laid back down.

"No wait, I've got one and this is a true southern Water Tribe story." Katara looked around to get reactions.

"Is this one of those a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to stories." Sokka asked not enthused.

"No, it happened to mom." Sokka then popped his eye wide and listened.

"One winter, when mom was a girl a snow storm buried the whole village for weeks. A month later mom realized she hadn't seen Nene since the storm. She and some others went to go check on Nene's family, when they got there no one was home, just a fire flickering in the fire place. While the men went out to search mom stayed in the house. When she was alone she heard a voice. 'It's so cold, and I can't get warm.' Mom turned to see Nene standing by the fire. She was Blue like she was frozen, mom ran outside for help but when everyone came back Nene was gone." She looked around to see scared faces and on the edge.