Chapter One: Awaking

I heard myself groan as my eyes opened. I blinked a few times, my vision was blurry, shaking my head as I sat up.

Looking down at what I was wearing, it was my air nomad clothes but they were beaten up, I was wrapped in bandages, and I felt sore all over.

I groaned one more time before trying to stand up, only to stumble back on the bed.

I then realized where I was, in a fire nation ship. "Oh, that's where I am." I sighed under my breath, as I remembered this was exactly where season three started.

I grabbed my staff and used it as a walking stick, leaning on it heavily. I felt like every step was a sharp pain in my back, I holding my back as I walked through the door.

"She's awake!" Pipsqueak gasped, as I walked across the hallway.

I walked back and sighed, finally someone to carry me. "Pipsqueak?" I asked, I almost felt like dropping the act.

"Yeah, and the Duke. It's good to see you awake, come on let's take you to see the others." He replied in his deep voice pointing to the Duke who gave me a smile.

"Twinkle Sparks, that's gotta be you." Toph smiled, I slowly walked up the deck like a old lady.

"Gyawa, you're awake!" Katara gasped.

"Gyawa!" Aang also gasped, running up and hugged me like a soft stuffed pillow.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked, with a tired voice and a slight smile.

"I can't believe it, Your finally awake." Katara said, as she hugged me.

"Gyawa, good to see you back with the living buddy." Sokka stated under a Fire Nation soldier mask.

"Sokka?" I smirked, he was finally good looking. And yes I just like Fire Nation boys.

And yet for some reason I began to feel dizzy, like I was looking in every direction. "Uh oh, somebody catch her I think she gonna-" Toph said, before my eyes closed and everything turned black.

                              ~Zuko POV~

It was a few weeks after what happened in the catacombs. It still burned in my mind, Gyawa free falling. I found myself only thinking if she was okay.

It was driving me crazy, I cared about the avatar for Agni's sake! But she was more than a figure, she was someone who actually tried to understand me.

"Aren't you cold?" I heard a cool calm voice say from my side.

"I've got a lot on my mind. It's been so long, over three years since I was home. I wonder what's changed, I wonder how I've changed." I replied, these things were on my mind, but I couldn't tell her about Gyawa.

"I just asked if you were cold, I didn't ask for your whole life story." Mai yawned, walking closer. I couldn't help but frown, that was not an answer. "Stop worrying." She smirked before she held my cheek.

I then knew what she wanted to do, but I didn't stop her. She was my old girlfriend. But when our lips met it wasn't right, I felt nothing.

I felt like it was all wrong, I shouldn't have done. I pulled away and looked back to the moon. It wasn't like the time I kissed Gyawa under those dark tunnels.

When I kissed her, I felt so much, so much passion.

"What's wrong?" She asked, still leaning on me.

What was wrong was I was thinking of a girl I could never have. A girl that I should have never kissed or even thought of in such a way. A girl who might be dead, I was almost sure she was dead. And yet I couldn't except that, she couldn't be dead. She understood me somehow, I almost felt like she cared about me.