Chapter Six

Author's Note, 7.20.14, 10:45pm: As I begin to write this chapter, I am laying in bed at camp whilst listening to what I decided would be a part of this story's soundtrack, one of my favorite songs: Collide (Acoustic Version) by Howie Day. And by soundtrack, I mean in my head, as in songs that go along with this book.

Today was a bit boring and lonely, but it's always like that at the beginning of camp because we're adjusting to a new scene and schedule and whatnot. I got to see old friends, play hockey, foosball, jam with the music guy, John, and even made new friends kinda sorta.

Lunch was derpy. The pizza was lame and it was an awkward silence at the table. Dinner was better though. I got to talk to one of my friends that lives in Israel. I was gonna sit with her at dinner, but there wasn't space where she was sitting.

It was kinda funny when we first talked today because the other two Israeli girls with her were like "You're Kyle?", I guess they knew of me. Was probably Tamir or Mai that told her. Idek.

As I continue writing this, relaying some parts of my day, allowing you all an insight into my camp life, Desert Song by My Chemical Romance has just ended on my iPod and Kissing in Cars by Pierce the Veil has begun. I have a thing for acoustic/soft songs at night.

Being at camp during the first half when you usually go during the second half, is very different and for lack of a better word: weird!

There are many more campers, plus you hardly know anybody there. They're mostly international campers.

By the way, Kissing in Cars has ended and the acoustic version/remix of Jessica's favorite Pierce the Veil song, I'm Low On Gas and You Need a Jacket, has started.

Why am I telling you the songs that are playing?

Because music is a very big part of my life and I think knowing things like that is cool.

Have I ever had Starbucks coffee?

No, except for the Starbucks coffee mix at this hotel.

I know nothing about the CIA except a number of minuscule facts.

The song has ended and now the song Third Temptation of Paris by Alesana is playing.

It was suggested that I play guitar and sing for the next campfire and I might play at a number of them. I'm planning on singing my song, Vampires. Also, Summertime by My Chemical Romance, Drown by Front Porch Step, and another original titled Midnight Girl.

Third Temptation of Paris has ended and now Early Mourning by Alesana is being played.

Like all good things must come to an end, so does this note.

Concluded at 11:13pm, July 20.

Enjoy what I have in-store for Chapter Six of The Black Rose!

-kylewrites

___________________________________

As I entered backstage, sweaty and tired, I still needed to meet this man. I was handed a towel for sweat which was very convenient.

I quickly wiped the perspiration off of me, threw on a jacket, and went outside.

All the way down the street was the unidentified man walking slower than everybody else.

Good. Now my chances of catching you are better.

I started speed walking as fast as I could while still not looking as weird.

It was chilly and the icy winds were blowing the opposite direction so I had to walk against it. The things I do for people that I don't even know.

As I caught up to him, I knew that he knew what had happened. He unexpectedly turned around, stopping me in my tracks and said, "I noticed that you noticed me noticing you so I am noticing you that I noticed."

I was completely and utterly stunned, shocked, speechless, flabbergasted, surprised, and upset. Like, what!?

But, God, he even spoke so perfectly. Just being in his presence was like wow. I have no idea what he said and will most likely never know, but I still heard his voice and that was pretty great.

I needed a coffee to prepare me for this.

"Oh, um," I nervously laughed, "Hi. Well uh, yeah I noticed you and um I just wanted to say hiya but never got the chance and stuff and um basically yeah."

"I see," he said, staring at me like I was stupid. To be fair, I was being pretty awkward about it. "Shall we exchange names?

"Alice Anna LaVey."

"Jason Andrew Relva. Most often called just Jace. Or JAR. What do you do besides your band? And by the way, I must add, you have a beautiful name," he said smiling, taking a step closer to me.

His words flowed slowly and calmly, like a river. They were crafted and sewn together without hesitation and were spoken softly like snow.

"I'm in college right now, don't really have a job. But I watch a lot of Netflix and drink a lot of Starbucks in my down time. And thanks! My mother said I was named after my grandmother and my middle name from my great-grandmother," I replied, blushing a bit. "What about your name?"

"I was named after my uncle who died in a car crash. He was alive when I was, but I never got to meet him. But according to everyone, he was a great man. I am honored to be named after him," Jason answered, still keeping his glowing green eyes locked with mine.

As much as I wanted to stay and talk to him, I observed that it was getting quite dark, the moon poised high above the starry night sky. Plus, it felt like he didn't want to talk to me as much as I wanted to talk to him.

"Well, I um, should probably get back to the Pit before the rest of the guys leave me stranded. Goodnight, Jace. I hope we can talk some other time? Maybe we could get some coffee one morning?"

"Fine, but you said it, one morning," he said as he began to walk backward and then turned around and walked quickly away.

With that, I knew that I'd most likely never see him again. We didn't exchange any information besides names and he didn't really seem too enthusiastic, except for revealing a mischievous smirk hidden in his last words.

I walked back to The Music Pit with my hands stashed in my pockets and head down. Why did I even bother talking to him? He wasn't interested and was just out tonight to watch a band. He was just being unknowingly cute and charming.

But at least I got to talk to him and be in his life for even a minute or two.

All that was on my mind when I got back to my room was drowning my feelings in coffee.