Chapter Two

When I stepped outside, the cold air stung my skin and the snow assaulted my perfectly placed beanie on my messy hair. I walked fast through the snow despite the ice that was forming on the ground.

I unlocked the car and got inside to sit down on a freezing seat accompanied by a freezing steering wheel.

I turned the car on and began to back out of my parking spot, which is where I parked whenever the spot was available, and expertly pulled out of the lot.

Driving down the road, I noticed two young-looking boys attempting to build a snowman. Silly kids, the snow isn't thick enough yet. After a few more tries of trying to build up a base for the snowman, they eventually caught up to the fact that the snow wasn't ready.

As I continued cautiously down the snow laden road, I decided to turn on the radio. I always have the same station on because they're the only one that played good music.

As usual, Christmas songs were playing because it's December. It's really cool, actually, how probably thousands and thousands of artists have covered a song such as All I Want For Christmas is You. And most of them put their own touch to it, whether it be a different drumbeat, a synthesizer, a ballad version, a jazz version, I've even heard a punk rock version! It's one of the nicest things to see people from all different genres of music play the same song and put their own twist to it.

I'm that type of driver that you'd see singing at the top of her lungs. I was also an exceptional steering wheel drummer.

***

When I got to my room, I sat down and began my paper. I had to complete the entire thing tonight. Crap.

I need a coffee.

I made a cup of coffee, sat back down, and continued typing. You see, I had the entire term for this paper. I had all my research done, but didn't start the actual paper because I'm that type of person that will always wait until the night before.

My phone buzzed on the desk.

Monica: hey, band practice at Oliver's house tonight?

Me: if I can finish my paper in time, but what time will practice be?

Monica: you're so lazy. starts at 7 and he said we can stay the night.

Me: cool. cya there :)

I hadn't finished my paper when 6:15 rolled around, but I gathered my guitar, a bottle of water, and left.