Chapter 1

I don't ususally leave notes at the beginning and end of the chapters, unless I have something to explain so this should be the last one.

P.S If you have anything you want explaining don't hesitate to inbox me. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

~Edited

There were very few things in life that Julian truly hated. One of those things was his alarm clock. No matter how often he shut the damn thing off, five minutes later, it would go off again. Seriously.

"Julian, get the fuck out of bed!!! You're going to be late for school!" His dad's voice pierced his head making Julian jump. Sitting up in his king-sized bed, he looked around tried to get his bearing.

Damn. Today was the start of senior year. His final year of high school. How time flew. Rubbing his eyes to get the sleep out, he yelled to his parents downstairs letting them know he was up.

After grabbing a quick shower, he got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. He could hear the other kids of the pack getting ready for school in the other buildings of the territory. His sister and parents had already sat down at the dining table.

"Good morning," he greeted, kissing his mum and sister on the cheeks and nodding to his dad.

"Julian, don't forget that we're going to the Moonblood pack after school today to take a look at how things are going and assess where to start from," his dad said over a mouth full of pancakes.

Julian just nodded his head. As the next in line for the alpha title of the Midnight pack, it was required that he should be there when any official decisions were being made. Especially when it involved other packs. For instance the Moonblood pack had been struggling for months now, and it was just a matter of time before they were amalgamated with another pack. With an alpha that had no idea how to manage the pack finances, not to talk of the pack itself, it was bound to happen.

"How long will you guys be gone? School starts properly next week and you can't miss it," Julian's younger sister, Ava chips in.

"Oh we'll be back by the end of the week. Besides, it doesn't matter. I've done enough extra credit to miss the whole year and still graduate," he smirked at his sister.

"Yeah, that's because you have no life," she shot back at him. His brown haired, brown eyed sister hated school with a passion. She thought it was some kind of prison that you had to endure for most of your life, and preferred shopping and partying instead studying. Julian didn't mind it. He was always at the top of the class, and as long as going to school was going to help him become a better alpha in the future, he'd gladly do it.

Besides the school board understood the situation he was in. They constantly offered a lot of options in case he had to take up the role of alpha sooner than anticipated, or if he had to be away for longs periods of time due to training or meetings.

Just as Julian was about to reply to her comment, their dad interrupted them telling them to get to school. They went to the same school, so Julian drove both of them to their small town high school.

Just like any old high school, River Dale had its cliques. The popular Barbies that all had blonde hair and thought themselves the epitome of beauty. The jocks who thought it was manly to have slept with every girl in the school. The nerds who were always doing work and consistently pushing up their glasses every five minutes. Then the others who basically fit into every category. The wolves - most of the schools population - knew better than to form cliques. At least Julian hoped they did.

Julian would fancy himself an all round guy. He played on most of the school's sports teams and he was pretty nerdy at times. As soon as they pulled into the school's student parking lot, Ava waved to her friends, some of whom were humans. She immediately got out of the car and with a last wave and a "See you later", she trotted off towards them.