Chapter 18

Julian! Julian! Noah's frantic voice roused Julian from his poison induced sleep. The silver shackles had been removed from his ankles and he was one again lying on his bed in the Moon blood pack. Noah scent surrounded him but when he reached out to hold him, he wasn’t there. His eyes flashed open and he reared up from the bed as the memories of what happened the day before surfaced. Immediately big beefy arms were throwing back onto the bed.

“Stay down boy” from his outfit, Julian could tell that he was one of the high guards. He was wearing black pants and a red and white long leather jacket buttoned to the throat.

Julian!! Are you okay?! Noah's voice came into his mind and he sighed in relief that he sounded okay.

I'm fine. Are you okay? He did touch you did he? Julian asked. If that bastard had laid even a finger on Noah, he was going to rip his throat out with his fangs and he didn’t care that he was royalty.

He hasn’t touched me yet. He made me change into the royal court cloths but apart from that nothing. He keeps looking at the marks on my arms. I don’t like it Julian. Julian felt the definite sadness in Noah's voice. He was happy, this was the most Noah had ever spoken but he was kind of sad that it was under such circumstances.

It’s okay baby. I won’t let him touch you Julian gritted his teeth against the after effect of the silver and merged himself fully with Noah. He felt Noah's sigh of relief as their life forces merged together. He allowed himself into Noah's eyes and assessed the room his mate was in.

It looked like one of the guest rooms in the house. Julian had only been to the office, dining room, kitchen and obviously his room in the whole pack so he didn’t recognize the place.

 A guest room. Were just beside your parent’s room. It’s down the hall from you. Noah supplied completely giving his mind up to Julian and basking in his presence. Noah was sat on his knees on the double bed in the room. The alpha king was not in the room but there two guards in the room both dress identical to the huge one that was watching Julian.

Suddenly, Julian felt a fist smash into his jaw as a growl rumbled through the guard that was in the room with him. He found himself fall out of Noah as the pain had him blinking.

“If you dare to contact the alpha kings mate again, you will regret it” he growl low in his throat before returning to his place by the door.

“He’s my mate dammit. Noah’s mine!” Julian returned but there still a little of silver messing with his system.

“Not any more he’s not” the guard growled.

“What do you mean? I marked him. He carries my mark. You could all see it!”

“In the full moon in a few nights, he will be performing the ceremony to break your bond and mate with him. The royal family has to remain clean so he only mate with his new mate” Julian felt his stomach twist and his heart shatter at his words. He couldn’t lose Noah. Noah was his. His life, his everything. He could imagine not waking up to him anymore.

Julian didn’t know about the working of the royal family. Growing up, all he knew was that they were the governing body of all the werewolves. They were supposed to be fair and the title of the high king was passed down from generation to generation. He didn’t know of the need for their blood to be pure. He had never heard of someone breaking a mating bond before and he knew for sure that it wouldn’t end well for either parties.

“H-he can’t do that, can he?” he stammered. His wolf was itching to rip to the surface and get to Noah. He could feel his wolf move to the surface and his eyes change from brown to black.

Son. His dad’s voice echoed in his mind but he didn’t bother to reply. He wanted Noah abut he didn’t dare made contact with him just in case decided to hit him this time. We’ve been ordered to return to the midnight pack. We’ll be leaving tomorrow and you're required to follow. Direct orders and you know there’s nothing I can do. Sorry son.

I can’t leave without him dad. I love him.

Stay calm son. Your mother is bringing you up something to eat. I doubt they’ll let her through but eat something. We won’t leave your mate behind.

Thanks dad. Still the conversation with his dad did nothing to ease the ach in his chest nor did it stop him from unconsciously reaching out to Noah.

“I dare you boy” the guard growled.  Julian sneered at him before pulling back.

Julian was about to ask a question when commotion suddenly broke out on the outside. Shout of cry and fear filled the air as the smell of blood rose into the air. The guard whirled around and disappeared through the door leaving Julian to his own devices. Julian scrambled out behind him trying to merge to with Noah but his concentration was breaking as people kept pushing into him as they ran around.

As he got outside he could see wolves fighting but he scanned the crowd for his mate. Just as he was about to turn back into the house to continue his search he caught sight of a flash of white hair disappearing towards the forest. He was being pulled along by the high king and they were side stepping fighting wolves.

“Noah!!” he screamed running towards him, sidestepping claw and jaws as he went. Just he was about to reach them, the high king shifted into a massive white wolf half the size of the trees, back handed Noah across the face knocking him out then scooped up in his jaws and leapt into the forest.