Chapter 8

"WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE ME DINNER SARAH!" my dad screamed at me while stumbling. His eyes were bloodshot and his breath smelled like alcohol. It was obvious he was drunk.

"I'm sorry dad. I won't forget next time I promise." I whispered cowering in the corner of my room.

"GOOD YOU BITCH! AND YOU BETTER HOPE YOU DON'T FORGET NEXT TIME OR YOU'LL REGRET IT!" He then stormed out of my room slamming my door and shaking my room in the process. He wasn't always like this. He was a good dad when he wasn't drunk, which was a lot of the time, but he always told me he never meant to scream at me. It all started ever since my mom died in a car crash when I was 12. I'm 16 now. She was driving home to get my school book because I left it at home. A convict that was running from the police ran a red light and hit my mothers car head on. She died on impact and he went to jail for life. My dad blamed her death on me and now he went to bars and got drunk every night since.

I slowly got up shakily and crawled under my covers and set my alarm for tomorrow morning. It was only 8:30, but todays events wore me out and I just needed to get away from it all. My getaway was my dreams. Everything was good there. Everything and anything was possible there. And that was my savior. It gave me hope that one day my life might be like that.

Trying to think happy thoughts, I soon drifted off into a peaceful sleep. Oblivious of the horrible life around me.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hey everyone! please vote and comment and share! your feedback really helps me! and I changed the story a lot and it turns out I really didn't base it on my life that much. so no need to worry guys! hope you like it!