Chapter Four

I started to notice cars honking, the smell of exhaust, I also felt the leather of seat under me. I opened my eyes to see that I was laying down in the backseat of a jeep and Alex was driving, I started hyperventilating.

Alex noticed my meltdown and started to pull over. When the jeep came to a stop I jumped out as fast as l could, Alex followed. I paced back and forth while Alex just watched me like I was an animal about to run.

I finally turned to face him.

"Where are we?" I asked hysterically.

"We're in Dallas."

I stared at the landscape around me in awe. We traveled so far.

"Why did you bring me here Alex and how long was I out?"

"This is just a pit stop, we still have a long way to go and you've been out for about five days. I was really starting to get worried." Alex looked at me with so much concern in his eyes it made my stomach flutter.

"Five days, I can't believe it."

"Yeah, but we need to get going or the monsters will-"

"Wait a minute-" I interrupted. " Did you just say monsters?"

As I said this I remembered Abby, the sword, the dust, everything that happened at the school. Also to top it off I started to remember my insane dreams. I stumbled, Alex caught my arm.

"Whoa there, I got you. By the way, what's your name?" As he asked I realized I never told him my name through all this craziness. I looked into his ocean blue eyes and told him "My name is Selina. Now answer my question honestly, what are you?"

"I'm a demigod, son of Poseidon to be exact."

"A what!?!" I yelled.

"A demigod, you know half mortal half-"I cut him off.

"I know what a demigod is, I just can't believe- How are you real?" I started to panic again. Alex looked at me with worry, then for no reason at all I started to cry. Alex wrapped his arms around me and just held me as I tried to control my emotions.

I could feel the control I had on my emotions start to fade as I let everything go. After awhile I stopped crying, Alex leaned back but didn't loosen his grip on me.

"Why are you crying Selina? Is everything really that bad?"

"Honestly, I don't know why I'm crying really, but I just found one of the guys that was in my dream! Which isn't bad, but I also just learned that monsters, demigods, and gods exist. Not excuses to cry but it all just crashed around me."Alex stared at me with understanding.

"I know this is hard- wait a minute? There was another guy in your dream?" I nodded. "Who was he?"

"I have no idea, I didn't even know you were in my dream until I touched you, why?" Alex didn't answer. "First I have dreams about random guys, then I have a dream about gigantic beings in a throne room and I have no clue what either of them mean." As I finished talking Alex stared at me.

"What do you mean gigantic beings?"

"Well when I was passed out I had a dream about a throne room and then these giants came in and started talking."

"Selina don't freak, but I think you have a dream about the gods." Alex looked amazed. "Did they notice you were there at all?"

"Not at first, I just stood there for awhile. they just talked the entire time, but after a few minutes the talking turned to yelling. For some reason I couldn't hear what they were saying but you could tell they were arguing. Then after about ten minutes they all stopped talking and turned to look at me. Then everything went black and I felt like I was falling, next thing I knew a bright light practically blinded me and I woke up."

As I explained the details of my dream the more surprised Alex looked. At the end of my story he looked awestruck. "It will be okay just stay with me, we'll figure out what's going on." Alex tried to reassure me, his smile was heart-stopping. My face got warm and I nodded, took Alex's outstretched hand and went back to the car going I don't know where.