Chapter Two

Chapter 2

As the sensation passed I really looked at the man in front of me.  A sense of impossible recognition flashed through me. "You.... I-I-I-I know you. I had a dream about you."I said bewildered as I remembered part of my dream. I trembled as I started backing away from him, he stared at me with awe as he told me " I had a dream about you too." We both stared at each other in amazment.

Five minuets later I finally got ahold of my senses and tried to run from the stranger when he grabbed my arm and said to me " I'm Alex and I'm sorry, but its not safe. You should come with me." He looked concerned. "What? Why? Get the hell away from me you creep!" I yelled trying to get out of his grip. "Please come with me before something goes wrong." Alex begged, I really looked into his eyes and was stunned to see that he was sincere, but I was just panicking too much to do anything. I know it sounds weird, but I felt safe with Alex and it freaked me out even more. Just then I felt a pounding behind my eyes as Abby walked into my line of sight. Alex followed my line of vision and saw Abby, she hissed like a snake at Alex. What just happened, why did she hiss at Alex? How did she hiss at Alex? The next thing I knew Abby was charging at Alex like a linebacker.

I tried to push Alex out of the way before he got trampled but it didn't quite happen like that. He just wouldn't budge at all, he actually pushed me out of the way and reached inside his pocket and pulled out a large looking coin. A coin, really? What is that going to do? As that thought crossed my mind Alex flipped it and it morphed mid-air into a really scary looking bronze sword. I couldn't believe my eyes, a coin actually turned into a-a-a-a sword? What? Alex caught it perfectly in his right hand and I was awestruck.

A roar shook me out of my stupor and I looked in Abby's direction, but in her place was a creature I found teriffying. She had red hair that looked like it was on fire, blood red eyes, and the stangest part were her legs, one was the leg of a donkey, the other looked bronze, I didn't understand what happened. I was so scared I couldn't move, let alone scream. I finally dragged my eyes away from the creature that must have been Abby to see Alex standing there with his confidence almost tangible. He had an easy smile on his face, but it didn't reach his eyes it was menacing.

Abby and Alex both circled each other focusing entirely on the one in front of them. All of a sudden with no indication Abby jumped toward Alex and screamed "NO! This one is mine to take! Leave her be demigod!" She commanded. Abby went past Alex and tried to grab me but my body went into automatic, I rolled out of her reach and turned away to run like I do this everyday. What is going on with me, why is this happening? While I was distracted I was caught by Abby's two cronies who looked almost exactly like Abby now. Blood red eyes, donkey leg, bronze leg, and very scary.

They were a lot stronger than they looked, my struggling was just me wasting energy. I looked up into their faces and saw the creepiest smiles that made my skin crawl. They look hungry, shit what am I going to do? They tried to take me away from where Alex was into the forest behind the school. I screamed so loud I'm pretty sure people in Europe could hear me. Alex took his eyes off of Abby to see me in the hands of the other two. Abby tried to get Alex's attention away from me by swiping at him with her claws. Alex jumped back from her swing and ran twords me and thurst his sword through one of the chest of the surprised girl, she completely disintegrated into golden dust. The last girl holding onto me with a bone cracking grip turned around to face Alex and hissed. She tried to rake her claws down his chest, but he was too quick and dodged the attack and bought his sword down on her right shoulder and forced it out through her left side, next thing I knew was that I was free and she was a pile of dust next to me.

I fell to my knees at this point. What the hell, I'm must be dreaming. This can't be real. I was shaking and wrapped my arms around me as I though about how easy Alex destroyed the creature. I don't fucking understand what going on! I stared as Alex looked at me with a torn expression and turned back to face Abby again, who was running towards us with a look that could kill. Alex moved to the side and ran at Abby, which caught her by surprise and she almost hesitated, almost. Alex took three steps forward and swung his sword tword Abby's head, but she dodged his attack. While Abby dodged Alex changed the direction of his sword last minuet and stabbed Abby in her stomach.

Abby turned to dust, she was dead and gone. She was the little dust pile in front of Alex. I still wasn't processing what happened. Alex turned around to face me. He stood in front of me and helped me up, my legs were jello.  He had avery sad look on his face "Are you hurt anywhere?" he asked. " I... I don't -" That was the last thing I remembered before I felt the sensation of falling and darkness closing around me. I felt arms wrap around me as I fell and for the first time in my 17 years of life, I passed out.