4

Lacey-Tyler

I arrived at our usual spot to find Breezy passed out on the corner. It was near midnight. The club had been everything that we all thought it would be, but none of the Good-Time Girls had gone out. Go-Go's phone was off cause he'd spent all his money on a beat box machine (god knows why), while Breezy and Mickey just didn't pick up any of my phone calls.

"EY! EY!" I yelled.

Some bum was trying to rob Breezy, who was passed out on the concrete.

I couldn't believe that shit. I grabbed the bums shopping cart and smashed it into him. The bum took off down the street faster then Flo-Jo.

I turned Breezy over and smacked him on the face hard.

That was the only way to get him up.

"Lacey?" he asked, waking up, confused and lost.

"Yeah, it's me."

"I'm sorry Lacey, I tried to make it to the club...passed out," Breezy stated, lazily and I grabbed him lifting him up.

"Come on Lacey, I'll put you in the shopping cart. We'll go over Mickey's apartment."

I grabbed Mickey. He was heavy. He used to play football and still had that football player body regardless of the fact that with all those beers he should look more like Homer Simpson.

When I finally got him into the cart he started dragging on, "Where we going?"

"I told you already, to Mickey's house."

"Whose Mickey?"

The reason we called Breezy his name was because he got kind of air-headed when he was drunk. You couldn't be an irritable person and be friends with Breezy. With all the repetition and slow explanations a normal person would likely commit suicide. Luckily he had us and we...well...we understood.

"One of your best friends, Breezy."

"Oh...ha...I love Mickey. How was the club?"

"Hot. I got my life...I made out with three girls...one of them licked my ass in the bathroom."

"Drags?"

"No real girls."

"Ew...you lesbian."

I laughed. Hell, it was all about the good-time. Just as he said that however I could see Breezy starting to gag.

"Breezy, don't talk, you'll throw up."

I started to push the cart faster. It was inevitable. Breezy was like a damn faucet whenever he got seriously drunk.

"Where we going..."
"To Mickey's, Breezy, M-I-C-K-E-Y..."

"Whose Mickey."

"Shh...Breezy stop talking, damn it. Is that you? Oh god you need to take a shower Breezy. You smell like raw sex in the back of a fish market."

"Huh?"

"Shh..."

The city was beautiful. This city had a strange beauty. The bright lights were everywhere. Downtown Pittsburgh had a million bridges and things. We ended up walking across this long bridge, going towards the North-side of town where Mickey lived.

The cool breeze was sweeping through us. I was freezing. I knew Breezy wasn't feeling anything. He didn't feel much at all when he was in one of his drunk states.

He turned around in the shopping cart as I pushed it and looked at me.

"I got something to ask you."