Meeting the Alpha

Chapter Ten – Meeting the Alpha

*Ava's POV*

With my eyes closed, I felt some movement on my right and someone tightening his or her hold on me. I wriggled my body and turned to my right. I opened my eyes to find Chase snuggling close to me and groaning in unhappiness.

"Chase?" I shook him a little as I called him.

"Alpha Brett, 5 more minutes." He mumbled and hugged me close to him.

"Chase?" I called him again. Alpha Brett?

I heard him groaned again and I lifted up my head to see him trying to open his eyes. I stayed quietly and waited patiently for him to be ready to wake up. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes slowly and I stared at his brownish eyes.

I smiled lightly at him. "Morning."

He pushed me up a little and kissed me on my lips. "Morning, Ava." He then smiled brightly at me.

"I wanted to just stay in bed with you all day." He pressed me into this chest. "But Alpha Brett wants to speak to us."

"Now?" I asked.

"Yes." Chase got off the bed and pulled me up, leading me out of the treehouse. Both of us walked silently back the pack house hand in hand. Soon, both of us reached the door of Alpha Brett's study room. Just as Chase was going to knock on the door, I squeezed his hand nervously.

"Ava?"

I turned to look at him worriedly.

"Don't worry. I'm here with you." Chase placed his palm on my cheeks and stroked it gently. I nodded hesitantly at him before he started knocking on the door.

"Come in." A strong, powerful voice echoed out from the room. Chase pushed opened the door and stepped into the room, holding my hand tightly as he pulled me along with him.

When I walked into the room, there was a man with thick brown hair sitting behind the desk, emitting out strong powerful aura.

"Alpha Brett." Chase greeted him as soon as we stopped in front of his desk.

"Alpha Brett." I echoed after Chase and lowered my head to show my respect for him.

He laughed out and said, "Don't need to be so uptight. Relax a bit."

I lifted up my head and smiled slightly at him. "You must be Ava right?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, Alpha Brett."

"Able to sleep well?" He asked.

"Yes. Thanks for your concern." I replied.

"If you lack anything, you can always ask Chase to get it for you. Here is your home now. I would hope you to stay comfortably." Alpha Brett said warmly.

"Erm... It's ok. I will be staying here for only a few more days and I will be heading back to the Red Blood Pack." Alpha Brett frowned upon hearing my statement and brought his attention to Chase. I took a peek at Chase to see him having a sad expression.

"Chase, do you have something you need to tell or explain?" Alpha Brett asked him with a stern face. Chase looked at Alpha Brett not knowing how to answer his question.

"He doesn't know anything." I quickly moved forward to stand slightly in front of Chase. Alpha Brett diverted his attention away from Chase and looked at me. "I have not explained my situation to him. Please don't blame him."

"You do know mates stay together? You do know that mates can't live without each other after they found each other right?" Alpha Brett said in a harsh tone.

"Y-Yes. I know." I answered timidly.

"Then what do you mean you are going back?!" Alpha Brett roared unhappily at me. Chase immediately pulled me behind me as he stood protectively in front of me.

"Alpha Brett, please calm down," Chase said.

"What's wrong?" Just then, a soft voice can be heard coming out from behind. Chase and I swiftly turned around to see a lady walking into the room.

"Luna Jessica." Chase greeted and bowed down showing his respect. I quickly mirrored his actions.

Luna Jessica came to stand beside Alpha Brett and she placed one of her hands on his chest and the other on his back gently soothing him. She turned to us and smiled warmly at us.

"Chase, bring Ava out to have a meal. I'm sure you both have not eaten breakfast and it's going to be noon soon." Luna Jessica said gently.

"Don't worry about Alpha Brett. I'm sure he will be fine." She then smiled sweetly at Alpha Brett after finishing her sentence.

"Jess..." Alpha Brett said her name warningly.

"Let them go and have their meals." Luna Jessica said firmly and continued smiling sweetly at him at the end of the sentence. Although the smile looked innocent on the outside, it did seem to have a hidden warning on the inside.

Alpha Brett let out a groan and dropped down to his chair with a huff. Luna Jessica patted his hand as if she was coaxing a small kid.

She then faced us and said, "Go on. Go have your meals. We could always have a talk some other days."

"Thank you, Luna Jessica." Chase said and I bowed down a little to show my gratitude. Chase then held my hand and led me out of the room. Chase held my hand tightly as we walked. I kept on taking glances at him to see him having a troubled and pain expression.

"Chase." I stopped walking and called out softly to him. He stood back facing me with our hands still interlinked with each other. Seeing him not responding, I called his name again.

"Chase." And I tugged his hand a little. He hesitated for a while before taking a sideway glance at me, but not turning his full body around. I walked around to stand in front of him.

"Chase." I placed my free hand gently on his cheeks and he leaned into my touch, closing his eyes briefly.

"I'm sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018