In the Car

Sorry for the late update. Have been busy with work. And my writing mood isn't there. But I will still try. =) Here's the update!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six – In the Car

*Ava's POV*

"I miss you." He whispered softly. He held my shoulder and pushed me slightly away from him. I lifted up my head to look at him. He had this boyish smile on his face and I smiled along with him. He always had the power to make me smile along with him.

"Ahem." Someone behind Chase cleared his throat. Chase held me close to him and turned slightly to glare playfully at the person behind him. He ignored Chase and came up to me.

"Hello! I'm Lewis. And this is Ron." Lewis signaled to the person standing beside him. Lewis's hair was dark brown whereas Ron had a dirty blonde colour. As for Chase, he had black hair with a pair of brownish eyes.

"We are Chase's best friends since we are in diapers." Lewis reached out to me and held my hand gently. "Chase would probably give you a lot of problems. If you need any help, don't be shy to come to us."

Before I could even reply him, Chase growled unhappily and smacked Lewis's hand away from mine. "Don't hold her hand for so long!!"

Chase held me closer to me and stared intensely at me. I placed my hand on his chest and smiled gently at him. In the meantime, I could hear Lewis snickering.

"Is this yours?" Ron suddenly spoke up. I turned to the direction where his voice was coming from. I saw Ron holding my duffle bag in his hand.

"Yes." I tried to walk towards Ron to get my duffle bag from him but... Chase wouldn't loosen his grip on me.

"Chase?"

"It's ok. Ron will take your bag to the car. You just have to stay by my side." Chase was staring straight into my eyes when he said the last sentence. It was like there was a double meaning in his sentence.

"Ok." I never intended to argue with him on this issue. I then turned to Ron. "Thanks, Ron."

"You're welcome." Ron said and headed out of the door with Lewis. They were probably heading to the car.

"Ready to go?" Chase asked suddenly. I looked back at him.

"Yes." I turned to look at Cassidy and Jayden and bid them goodbye before leaving with Chase.

'Ava, take care.' Cassidy's voice rang in my mind. I stopped my track and turned around to look at Cassidy.

'I will. Help me to take care of my mum.' I said.

'Don't worry. I will look after her. We all will.' She said.

'Thank you.' I turned back and continued walking out of the house with Chase.

"Is everything alright?" He asked and looked at me worriedly.

"Yes. Don't worry about it." I said.

Chase held my hand and led me to the car. Both of us sat inside. Lewis started driving and headed towards The Dark Light Pack.

Being by his side, it always made me felt safe. My head automatically went to lie on his shoulder. All the tiredness from yesterday started crawling into my mind.

"Tired?" Chase asked. I didn't respond. I just nodded against his shoulder.

"Chase?!" Suddenly I was being lifted up from my seat. Chase placed me on his lap and pushed my head to lie on his chest.

"Close your eyes and sleep. I will be by your side." He said while looking down at me. Without hesitant, I snuggled comfortably into his arms. And within a few seconds, I found myself drifting off into my dreamland.

*Chase's POV*

I looked down to see her sleeping peacefully in my arms. I couldn't help but to feel happy and started smiling to myself.

"You are drooling!" Lewis sang loudly.

"I'm not!" I glared at him as he looked at me through the rear mirror.

"Ok. Let me rephrase my sentence. You are going to drool soon the more you look at her." Lewis said.

"I won't drool!" I hissed unhappily at him. I then heard my mate whined a little and started moving in my arms with her eyes closed. She grabbed my shirt and tugged herself in a more comfortable position before she started sleeping peacefully again.

'If she wakes up, I'm going to kill the both of you!' I warned them using the pack link. Lewis started chuckling upon hearing my threat. I then shot him a glare causing him to shut his mouth, while trying very hard not to laugh out loud.

'You just met her yesterday and you are already so into her.' Lewis commented.

'Just wait till you meet your mate. You will then understand how I feel.' I said while looking down at her. Both Ron and Lewis had not found their mates.

There was a moment of silence before Ron decided to speak up.

'You know. Kerin is going to make a big fuss about you finding your mate.' Ron said calmly. I looked up to see Ron looking at me with a serious face.

I sigh inwardly. 'I only treated her as my sister.'

'You know she doesn't feel that way.' Ron paused for a while before continuing.

'She loves you, Chase.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018