The Moment with Him

Chapter Two – The Moment with Him

"Who are you?" Jason snarled unhappily at my mate. My mate growled back at him causing his body stiffened a little.

"Chase, Gamma from the Dark Light Pack." My mate looked at Jason while he introduced himself and then his gaze landed on me.

"Most importantly, I'm her mate." Both of us stared at each other. I can't see his face since he was also wearing a mask. But the moment our eyes met, I can't shift my attention away from him. So this is the feeling of finding your mate. With his presence, I felt safe. I wanted to go to him and stayed in his arms. By doing so, it seemed that all troubles would go away.

He walked up to me and stood right in front of me. I didn't even notice when Jason had left. Now, it was just me and him. I started fidgetung with my fingers nervously as I wasn't knowing how to react or what to say.

"Have a dance with me?" He asked.

"I-I... I don't really know how... to dance." I squeaked out my words. He smiled lightly at me as he reached out to hold my hand. I followed behind him to the dance floor. He placed my arms around his neck and he placed his arms around my waist, holding me close to him. As the music was playing, we stayed close together moving with the groove.

Throughout the dance, he had this boyish grin on his face. His smile was pretty much contagious. I couldn't help but to smile along with him. Seeing him happy made me happy. But I knew I would also be the one who will cause him to lose his smile. Naturally, I moved closer to him and lay my head on his shoulder. Both of us were enjoying each other presence. Angel was purring happily in my mind that her mate was here, by her side. At the corner of my eyes, I could see Madison and Alexander sneaking glances at us.

As soon as the music ended, everyone left the dance floor and went to get a drink. Chase didn't let go of my hand and he led me to the food table. He only let go of my hand when he was taking food from the table. Each time after he placed the food on his plate, he will reach out to grab my hand again. He repeated this movement over and over again, and it didn't seem to bother him even for a single bit.

After taking a mountain of food, he led me to a table and signaled me to sit down. He placed the plate of food in front of me as he sat down beside me.

"I don't know what you like so I took one each for you." Chase smiled widely at me after completing his sentence. I looked at him in surprise. I thought he was taking for himself.

"I can't finish all." I said, without stumbling this time.

"Don't worry. I will help you finish the leftovers." He said. "Go on and eat."

Slowly, I picked up the fork that was on the table and started poking the food. I placed it into my mouth and chewed it slowly. In the process, his gaze was all along on me. Hesitantly, I poked one of the finger foods that was on the plate and held it in front of his mouth.

"Erm... You want some?" I asked without looking at him directly. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw him smiling brightly. He moved forward and bit the food off the fork. He chewed the food happily, like a little boy. Every time I saw his happy face, I felt guilty. I was going to cause him pain.

I placed the fork on the table and stood up from my chair. He looked up at me in shocked.

"I-I'm just going to go to the washroom." I said. He immediately relaxed after hearing my intention of standing up.

"Ok. I will wait for you here. Come back to me once you are done." He said. I nodded at him hesitantly.

I headed to the washroom outside of the event hall. I took down my mask and stared at my own reflection. What should I do? What should I do...? His happy, innocent smile flashed across my mind. Although I had only known him for a while, I felt myself wanting to protect his smile. However, I couldn't go to him. I couldn't just leave my mum, leave the pack and go to him. Can I?

'Ava, he's our mate. We need him.' Angel spoke in my mind.

'I know. But our mum needs us too.' I said. Angel whined in sadness when she heard my reply.

'Mate.' She mumbled the term painfully.

"Ava?" Suddenly, the door of the washroom was being pushed opened. Cassidy was the first to walk into the washroom and followed by Madison. Madison immediately came up to me and grabbed both of my hands.

"He's your mate, isn't he?!" Madison said cheerfully.

"Yes. He's called Chase, Gamma from The Dark Light Pack." I remembered him introducing himself to Jason.

"That's great! You found your mate!!" Madison smiled brightly at me.

"Y-yea. I guess so." I said uncertainly.

"Ava, is there something wrong? You can tell us about it." Of course Cassidy would notice my weirdness. She had always been very observant.

"It's just that after finding our mate, we have to move to their pack, isn't it?" I lifted up my head and looked at Cassidy.

 "But... I can't leave the pack, Cassidy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018