10 / Faraway Friends

As he takes a few steps outside of the TARDIS, I get a much better look at where we've landed.

"Well, that's a bit disappointing," he mutters to himself. "Usually when the TARDIS goes off on her own, she'll take you somewhere more... exciting."

"Are you kidding?" I'm smiling and walking out behind him, taking in all the sights that I thought I'd only ever see on a computer screen. "London is plenty exciting!" He looks back at me while I try to find Big Ben and the Eye amidst the city's bustling skyline.

"I suppose it would be for you. Born and raised in the same place all your life, never thinking that you'd ever end up any place this." He walks up beside me and taps on my shoulder. I look up at him and see that he's pointing behind us with his thumb. "Big Ben's back there, by the way." I see him smile at me and I grin while playfully hitting him in the arm. "Oh, shut up!"

Suddenly we both hear the door close and turn toward it. He rushes over and tries to open it, to no avail. "No, no."

"What?"

"She's locked us out... no idea why though."

He turns back to me and I put a hand in my pocket.

"Well..."

He takes a step towards me and puts his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"Well what?"

I sigh.

"Well, I do know a few people who might live nearby. Maybe we could, I don't know, stop by and visit?"

He smiles at me and starts to walk slowly.

"If we're stuck here anyway, I don't see how it could really hurt."

I smile and run up to hug him.

"Oh god. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Oi, calm down."

I regain my composure and let go, still far too giddy.

"Well, come on then. If we're going to meet your friends, you might as well get some sightseeing done beforehand."

~~~

I look through the settings on my iPod, unable to find any kind of Wi-Fi signal at all. He looks over my shoulder and nudges me with his elbow a moment later. I look up at him while we're both still walking along the pavement.

"D'you mind? If I.."

I look down at it and hand it to him. I see him pull out his sonic screwdriver -- it's the first time I've ever seen it, and it looks a little... odd to me -- and shine the light on it, the buzzing sound penetrating the ambient noise of the crowds. A moment later he hands it back to me, and I see that there's a three bar signal. He puts the sonic back in his pocket and smiles, probably at his good work.

"Thanks," I say.

He looks up at the crowd of people in front of us and his smile fades into a normal expression "Don't mention it."

I go onto the website that I'd planned to check, not only looking for the time and date, but also to see if she was online. Lucky for me, she is, and I send her a private message.

"Hey. I just happened to be in town, and I figured I should stop by... if you want me to, anyway. Just tell me when and where, and I'll be there (gotta love that rhymey-wimey)."

I send it and then read it over again, trying to kill some time before she replies.

"What the hell kind of name is 'Ienzo' anyway?"

I look at him, a bit annoyed that he'd just read over my shoulder like that.

"The kind of name you have on a website like this one."

I roll my eyes and refresh the page to see that she's replied.

"Oh wow. You're in town and you never told me? That's a bit rude. xD

Anyway, I can meet you in half an hour or so. You wanna go to the Eye or just any random place? I know it's pretty popular with tourists, lol."

I type up a quick reply, too excited to really care about specifics.

"Well, it sort of just... happened. lol, I'll explain later.

The Eye sounds good. I'll see you there, Nubs. x3"

Once it's sent, I put the iPod in my pocket and turn to the Doctor.

"Uh, how far are we from the Eye?"

He looks at me and pushes up his lower lip in thought.

"Erm, about... ten minutes walking."

I smile, still looking forward.

"And how exactly did you know I wanted to walk?"

"Uh, erm. Well..."

I chuckle softly.

"It's fine. I can't really judge you when you're coming with me to meet her anyway."

"Well, while we're on the subject, how exactly did you meet someone from 'across the pond' anyway?"

"Simple, the internet. And before you say anything, we've been talking for a while and you'd be surprised what you can have in common with someone halfway around the world."

"Alright, calm down. I wasn't going to say anything."

I look ahead, letting the Doctor lead the way. This has to be one of the best days of my life, and nothing could possibly ruin it... or so I thought.

**********

Once again, I'm SO sorry for my lack of updates. I was originally going to be a more frequent poster, but then my two AP classes and bowling sort of took over starting at the end of summer (damn summer work, y u so hard?). But don't think I've forgotten about you guys. Oh no, not at all. In fact, I tried quite a few times to get back into the fanfiction, but I just couldn't seem to get myself to do it.

Anyway, just know that I'll be better about writing (hooray for iPods and Notes) and I will try my hardest to update more often. I love you all so dearly and every like, comment and library addition just makes me smile. <3