Chapter 3: My Fortune Cookie Never Said This Would Happen

Chapter 3: My Fortune Cookies Never Said This Would Happen

So about 10 hours later, we arrived at my grandmother's small home. My grandmother is so... happy... And stereotypically country. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but she can sometimes be overbearing. Plus, there isn't anything "country" about Ohio. It's in the Northern part of America.

"Here we are", my dad sighed as we walked up the driveway.

I just rolled my eyes.

"HOLD ON, HAROLD! I'LL START YA BATH WATER SOON! SOMEONE IS KNOCKING ON THE DOO- LEONA! KARA! VALENTINO?! WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING IN OHIO?!"

"Grandma... Hi..." I awkwardly drawled out as I tried to sneak past her and her terrifying, bone crushingly painful hugs. But she got me anyway. For a 64 year old lady, she has some muscle!

"Hello mother in law, did Leona forget to tell you the news?" My dad threw a disapproving look towards my mom.

"I never got a call from not one of you in years. shoot, the only way I know about y'all modern life is what I see on that show! But what brings ya by? Go ahead and come on in."

"Well... I... Er..." My mom was fumbling with her words.

I sighed in annoyance "we had a show, we don't anymore, and now we're broke and we need a place to stay. Happy?"

My mom flashed me a grateful smile.

"Well I hate to hear that! I just know y'all are gone bounce back to your feet in no time! I'll show ya to your rooms!"

-------------------------------------

"There is no way I'm sleeping here" I hissed to my parents. The bed was a small twin size, the walls were painted an unattractive brown, and the room itself was the size of my shoe closet!

"KARA ANN DE LÉON! I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOUR ATTITUDE. IF YOU DON'T MAKE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENTS RIGHT THIS INSTANT, WE CAN AND WILL PUT YOU OUTSIDE" my mom yelled at me.

At first I was stunned because my mom NEVER raises her voice. Then that stun turned into anger.

"FINE! THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE I'LL BE-AWAY FROM YOU" I screamed as I grabbed my stuff and stalked out if the room.

"Kara, wait" my dad said as he pulled me back into the room.

Your mother is right. You are going to get your act together right now. This is only temporary. Some sleep will help. Your mother and I will be next door." My mom and dad walked next door to their bedroom with their luggage in tow.

I sighed.I really hate this room- or closet is the correct term- but as of now, this is the best I'm gonna get.

It's time to suck it up, princess.

I started unpacking my clothes and I just couldn't contain the scream of aggravation I let out as I through my old scrap book at the wall. What sucks even worse is that I have school tomorrow at Westbrook- A FRIGGIN PUBLIC SCHOOL.

I felt like all my friends in that stupid scrapbook of mine were silently mocking me with those stupid smiles. But for old times sake, I'm going to pick it up and relive the good life- if only for 5 minutes or so.

I cried as I gazed at pictures of me and Zach at our prom, Sadie and I with our dates, and a picture of me at the top of our pyramid that year we won Nationals. Don't even get me started on the Christmas pictures. After I put the book up, I fell into a much- needed slumber.

-------------------------------------

Today is the first day for me at Westbrook. [a/n it's the month of May here, a little after Prom :) ]

Am I nervous? A little. I've never been in a situation like this before. I've never been the "New Girl". I don't know how to make friends, friends make me.

After going through my morning routine of shower and teeth brushing and hair washing, I decide to go for a cute pink and black crop with "You Can't Sit With Us" on it [a/n for those of you who don't know this: in Ohio it's pretty chilly. I was there a couple times in the early Summer and the citizens were wearing shorts and hoodies], American Eagle jeans, and my pink converse. I made sure I styled my hair in perfect ringlets, put on my makeup, and grab my backpack and my car keys when I went downstairs.

"Kara, I cannot express how sorry we are that we had to move, but this is a great opportunity to make new friends and memories. Enjoy yourself", my mom said to me as she sipped her coffee. UGH I WANT STARBUCKS!

"Hey, mom, do you have any Starbucks money?"

"Yeah, I pretty much owe it to you after the way I treated you last night." My mom handed me a 20$ bill with an apologetic smile.

"It's okay, I deserved it" I said as I walked out of the door.

"Yes, yes you did" I heard my mom chuckle before I closed the door.

Well, off to school.

-------------------------------------

About 15 minutes later I pulled up to the school parking lot.

This place is a total hut compared to Joyce Kilmer.

I step out of the car with my Starbucks in one hand, purse Westbrook, prepare to be dominated.

My moment was broken by an all to familiar sneer and a jab:

"OMG LOOK AT THAT S1UT! She's DYING for attention! Wearing crop tops in this weather!"

Then I heard laughter.

A/n- cliffy or nah?

Teaser: we find out who the rude commenter was.

Hint: her name is Ma_ _ o_ _