Ch:2 - Hello Las Vegas!

The last thing I remember is myself, glancing out of the window of the plane and Leah holding my hand to comfort me. We ate the dinner served to us and then, as usual, I and Leah got down to talking. But after that……… What happened then?

 Black.

What had happened? I try to remember as far as I can. Nothing else comes to my memory.

Wait, Isn't it my name that I am hearing? Is it my imagination? And then, I feel a strong pair of hands on me shaking me like......I don't know, like the person wants to squeeze juice out of a lemon.

"Jenna! JENNA! Wake up! Wake up, Jen. We're here. We're in Las Vegas!", Leah literally screams in my ear. She sounds very excited.

Somehow, her excitement proves to be very contagious and it raises the level of enthusiasm in me as well.

We quickly pass through the passport controls and hand-bags checking and collect our luggage from the belt.

We're finally in Las Vegas!

Oh, It’s a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L place! It feels so homely. I smile warmly at myself, I was feeling adjusted already.

Though, I don’t think I would ever stop missing New York.

We step out of the airport and wait for a taxi while Leah cross-checks the address of our rented apartment.

Yup, that’s right, we’re gonna live in an apartment. I loved it. I mean, I always prefer flats to villas when it comes to just 2-3 people living together.

Leah had already searched for one through the internet and she went through all the procedures, made the arrangements and, yeah, rented it.

 Leah sure is systematic - everything is on schedule and pre-booked. That's why I never have to worry whenever I am travelling with her.

 I take a deep breath in.....and it smells different. Fresh. Or maybe its the smell of my newly found freedom and independence. I take a proper look around me.

 Boy, it sure must be fun around here - Las Vegas, the town of my dreams where I hoped to fulfill all my dreams. And probably get hitched up with some guy, here, in Las Vegas. I laugh at myself and my stupid thoughts inside my head.

Leah waves her hand in front and a taxi comes to a halt in front of us. The driver helps us put our bags in the car and we get in and Leah tells him where we wanted to go - 56, Park Road, Las Vegas.

 And I don't know why, but before we left the airport, I and Leah, see Jonathan - ONCE AGAIN! I am literally annoyed with this guy at this very moment. This always HAS to happen with me.

But somewhere, I have this feeling that we are gonna meet him again - very soon.

It is just a 20-minute drive to our place from the airport. We get down, and I am astonished. Such a striking place! I read the board: 56, Park Road, Las Vegas.

Leah sure mentioned the address to the driver precisely. Word by word.

“AMAZINGA!”, I literally squeal on seeing the outside of our apartment. It was surrounded by lush-green scenery and colourful flowers. No wonder I love spring season.

 “What did you say Jen?”, Leah asks me. “Er, its nothing, just a slip of the tongue, you know, I….Er”, I smile at her and quickly shut my mouth.

Leah looks at me with that weird look.

 It ignited that spark of joy in me to see that our apartment was at such an amazing location - I mean, the place looked absolutely delicious! I'm such a crazy person.

What did I just say?

"Jen, Why are you always so lost in your own world? I already took out the bags, paid the driver, he's gone already, and since then I’m asking you like a mad person  for the keys, but you seem no-where, or out of this world, I must say?", she kinda questions me.

Well, obviously, she sounds annoyed. Pretty much. I can’t deny the fact that I have been annoying her with my child-like behavior.

I don't know what to do. Las Vegas is playing wonders already. I am captivated by this place.

I say nothing and just hand over the keys to Leah. We unlock our apartment. It's a sweet little thing. Very cosy and well-furnished.

As we enter through the main door, the passage leads straight on to the kitchen. The kitchen is such a warm place. There are enough cabinets for storage and they are all full with the stuff we need. Leah has already planned everything, The MASTERMIND! Haha! The stove has two burners and two electric plates. There’s  a dishwasher (Praise the Lord!), and the washing machine is also placed in the kitchen. There’s also a small two-seater dining space. How thoughtful.

Moving out of the kitchen, there is one bedroom each towards the right and left and towards the the main door is the living room, of course. The bedrooms are EXACTLY the same! One dresser, a cupboard, double-bed with chests-of-drawers each, an attached balcony and an attached bathroom in each bedroom. Except the colour of the walls of the room. One was a pleasant sky blue, and the other a soft lavender.

Did I mention it earlier? Because if I didn’t, then let me tell it now, that I’m a fanatic of purple shades. I absolutely LOVE the colour to bits and pieces.

“LEEEEE! OH LEEEE! Can I please PLEAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEE have the lavender room?”, I am almost begging her at this stage with a puppy-dog face, standing in the lavender room.

“Ok dude! Not a big deal. Chill out! The room’s yours”, she winks at me.

I leap at her for the hug and we both fall onto the bed and are laughing like lunatics.

"Oh my God, Jen! I'm in love with this! This apartment is definitely gonna be the sweetest ever that we're going to live in. You hungry for some breakfa-brunch? Let me do the cooking today. There are some noodles in the cabinets. Hope that'll do. Go ahead and change. You must be tired.", Leah smiles sweetly at me.

This is why I so love her.

"Thanks a LOAD Lee", I say. "Yeah, am tired out. You must be tired as well. I'm so sorry but thanks for taking up the cooking today. I'll handle it for the next week. You're the best!", I give her a tight hug. She hugs me back.

"Its so nice of the shippers to bring our stuff in early and arrange it already. After all, we paid them quite a bit." she winks at me.

"Um-hmm", is all I manage to say and nod at her.

I get into the bathroom and splash the cool water over my face. It is very refreshing and manages to remove all my tiredness in one instant.

I open my clip and wave my hair around my face. I get into the tub and on the tap. It soothes my aching limbs as the hot water flows into the tub. I close my eyes and relax.

Las Vegas is appealing to me. Very appealing. I am looking forward to enjoying living here.

!~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!

 A/N:- Early update, YAY! :D Hope all of you are enjoying the story and looking forward to further chapters  ^^ There are many dialogues where the language is informal and jus like what we use in speaking ( as it is even now :P ). That is actually done on purpose to give the story a reader-friendly kinda feeling :)

As always, VOTE.COMMENT.FAN! :D Love y'all! :) <3