Prologue

I see around the room properly, and take a good look just to cross-check if I have forgotten anything. It was gonna be a little difficult to leave behind my apartment in the hustle-bustle of New York and move to Las Vegas.

 As I look back now, I never even seemed to realise how I passed the most beautiful 20 years of my life in this even more beautiful city. Living here has taught me so much, it has also driven me through some of the toughest challenges of my life, the most painful being losing my parents in an accident. It took me a lot of time to be able to digest that fact, but I had to get over it. It took me time, a LOT of time, but I did get over it slowly and gradually.

But one thing for which I will forever be thankful to this city is Leah. Leah, Leah Vincent is the best part of my life since my parents' death. Tall, slim, with wavy and brown  hair, she's the hot chica! Except that she has a high temper. She is my everything - a friend, philosopher, mother, teacher - in short, EVERYTHING. She has been with me through each of my challenges, all of my crazy actions, my happiness, my joys, my successes. Yes, Leah Vincent is my best friend for this life, and probably the next one as well.

 NY was one heck of a crazy city and I was taking away some great memories from here on to Las Vegas for my new internship. And the best part was that Leah was coming along with me to Las Vegas! I was tremendously happy when I received that news.

Now shifting never seemed so hard. I think Las Vegas is gonna become all the more amazing as me and Leah are gonna rock it!

"Jenna! Jenna! Where the hell are you stuck? C'mon hurry up, we're gonna miss the flight. I called the airport to check with them and the flight's right on time. Are you liste-"

"Woah! That's 52 seconds of speaking continuosly without even stopping for your breath. Woah! Chill out Leah! I heard ya. How much more are you gonna speak in that minute? Wait wait. Lemme check the Guiness book for the maximum time limit or if there's even a record like that", I chuckle.

Leah gives me that I'm-in-no-mood-to-joke look. I don't know why, but I always get petrified on seeing any of those Leah's serious looks.

And the next moment, she bursts out laughing. "Hahaha! OH MY GOD! Did you see your face? I sure do take your guts outta you. Haha! Mayn. Ok, on the serious note, C'mon Jen. I know this is difficult for you, but we have to make a move, the taxi's waiting. And don't ya worry, I'm there with you, right hon?" she gives me a smile.

Awwwww, that female dog, she so knows me well. Comforts me at the right time. I smile back. Giving a last glance, I quickly lock the door, and hand over the keys to the landlord's room. I and Leah had already sent our furniture and other stuff by ship before and cleared all the payments to the landlord.  We hurried down and got inside the waiting taxi.

After all, Las Vegas was waiting for us......

!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!~~~~~!

A/N:- Ok guys, See I told ya I would write a story soon :P Yeah, its not soon, but still. Yup, the name's changed and its my first novel-kinda-story, so it would be a pleasure if you did give it a try and leave what you think of it. Give me your views so that I can use them in my story to improve upon it further.

Hope you give it a try and like it! :)

If you do, VOTE, COMMENT and of course, FAN :D <3