Chapter 2: First Encounter

I didn't add a cast bc I know everybody has a different definition of Sexy;)
<Speaking of Sexy

Alessandra's POV

Despite what Colin had said the day before, I decided that the new guy, Mr. Carmichael, will just have to accept the layout I designed.

"I don't give a fuck. Who the hell does he think he is? 'Oh hey I'm your new boss. Imma just say that I hate this ohh and that. Change it ohh.' Well Fuck You." I muttered angrily to myself, roughly throwing the tool I had been using back into the toolbox.

Rhett laughed. "How can you say that? You haven't even met the guy yet."

I shrugged. "You don't need to know him to tell he's an asshole."

"Well how about you get your mind off of this? Say I pick you up tonight around 7 and we'll go check out that new bar downtown?" he said, coming closer to me.

I felt a cold shiver run up my spine. Is he asking me on a date? Rhett and I were co-workers. What we do together is strictly work. But the looks he would flash me occasionally, weren't really the kind of looks you'd flash your co-worker. Don't get me wrong. Rhett is beautiful but he was the type of guy who would probably get clingy after a few dates.

Maybe you should give him a chance. He's probably good in bed.

So, I beamed at him. "Sounds perfect."

Before I could say any more, there was a sound of a car approaching. I glanced toward the entrance just as a sleek black car pulled up.

The driver hopped out and opened the backseat door.

The man who got out was tall; dark black hair with broad muscled shoulders, he had an aura of a man of power. A man who got whatever he wanted.

As he got closer, I could see how his suit clung to his body. Those big muscles arms, capable of doing many, many things. I felt tingles. I felt them everywhere.

Until he opened his mouth.

"Hello, you two must be the cleaning staff for Boeing. I'd like to talk to the two engineers in charge of the James & Lisbeth project."

He looked slightly bored as he took in every detail of the warehouse.

"You're looking at them." I said glaring at him.

His wandering eyes snapped back to mine

goddamn. His eyes are dark grey.

"You're kidding, right?" He laughed. "But you're a woman."

That got me fired up. "What the fuck is that suppose to mean?"

He smirked. "It means that I don't believe you. Nor do I believe that you're an engineer."

Rhett, sensing that I was going to attack the man, stepped in before I could do anything.

Motherfucker.

"You must be Mr. Julian Carmichael." He said, stepping forward to shake the man's hand. " It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Rhett Lowell and this is my partner Alessandra Pruitt. We're the ones in charge of the James & Lisbeth project."

I stared the man down, refusing to make any greeting because of what he had said. He stared back at me with a hint of a smirk on his face.

"Well", he said. "This is not quite what I was expecting." Then he motioned toward the engines Rhett and I had been working on. "What is this?"

"Those are the engines Alessandra & I have been working on according to the layout uh Alessandra here had designed.

The devil shook his head. "Get rid of them. I'm not sure if your former supervisor told you but I want changes. I want a different layout.

"No" I said firmly. I was furious. "It took so many weeks to design something so complex and unique. We're already a few weeks in. We can't afford any more time to change things."

"I don't care if you're already a few weeks in. I want you to change—"

"I said NO" I glared at him.

The man stalked up to me.

Um there's something called personal space mofo

Leaning down, he whispered "Listen sweetheart, I'm the boss here and I make the decisions. When I say we're going to change things, we sure as fuck are going to change things. So you better watch that beautiful little mouth of yours because I can easily find a replacement for you. Do you understand?"

My eyes narrowed at his words. "Understood."

He leaned back, satisfied. I glanced at Rhett, whose eyes were wide as if he couldn't believe what had happened.

"Good. I won't ask again. Get rid of those engines. And you", he pointed at me, "come up with another layout. You have two days to come up with something."

"And if I don't?" I said, folding my arms.

I was sure for a second that his eyes glinted wickedly. "You'll be punished."

I scoffed at that.

"My time here is up. I expect the both of you to follow instructions and if you need to get a hold of me, I'll be At Carmichael & Co. My secretary will let you up to my office."

"Thank you sir, you can count on Aless and I to get the job done." Rhett said.

He nodded. Without saying goodbye, he walked back to the waiting vehicle.

Prick.

Rhett and I looked at each other and Rhett nodded. We had to get rid of the engines.

That son of a fish. A barrel of Chardonnay would be good after this.

*****

Sorry it took me a while to update. Wattpad won't let me dedicate chapters for some reason but s/o to @Shinyshina :) Xx Correna