Epilogue - soon to be re-edited

Ten months later

I can’t help but giggle - as I watch a bunch of excited twenty something’s hurry by the window, scripts in hand arriving for their very first auditions.

Taking another sip of coffee – I keep watching, feeling their apprehension then suddenly the director ushers them into the building – I know that feeling all too well – the nausea inducing pangs of facing a bunch of board – treading ego maniacs.

 And as I continue to stare – I’m suddenly reminded of the day I got back from France with that same level of anxiety – the day I found myself walking back down the long scary corridors at Shadow Productions – my heels tapping against the marbled flooring- hoping against all hope that I hadn’t burnt all my bridges –I would become that ‘star’ I worked so hard towards –my new found ambition would take me to great heights – and I was fully prepared to take the bull by the horns and do all I could to make that happen. I decided to channel all my energy into my career in order to forget about the pain in my heart. I knew Jason wanted more, he would send me texts and emails all the time - but after Scott read them on that fateful day - I knew where my heart truly belonged.

 But all my career hopes were soon dashed when I walked into Jason’s office and found Alison sprawled out across - his desk her legs wrapped around him like a python on a bamboo stick and that was the pivotal moment that decided my true fate – who I was really supposed to be. He chased me down the street of course, confessing his undying love and that he needed me and she was just a means to an end and bla bla bla.

I’m knocked out of my reverie when I can suddenly feel him come up from behind me – gently moving his arms across my waist eventually stopping to rest his hands on my stomach.

‘Chloe?’

‘Nope.’

‘Cassie?’

‘Absolutely not!’

‘Okay, I think I’ve got it! Katie?’

‘It’s official – you suck.’ I said, spinning around to face him.

He gently plants a kiss on top of my forehead. ‘You said I could be the one to choose.’

‘It’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind remember.’

Removing the cup from my hand he takes a sip of my coffee. ‘You’re not allowed to drink caffeine. It’s bad for the baby.’

‘It’s a just a small cup!’

‘I don’t care if it’s just a shot, no more for you young lady.’

He heads into the back and I finish clearing the table – suddenly the door opens and in walks an unfamiliar face – someone I had never seen around here before – a tall guy with platinum blonde hair wearing the biggest pair of shades I have ever seen. ‘Hi, can I get some coffee?’

I look up – taken aback by his cool mannerism – and for a moment I don’t say a thing. ‘I know it’s late.’ He continues. ‘But I’ve just finished some auditions across the street – I’m one of the directors at Palm tree Productions.  Have you heard of us on your travels?’

‘No I can’t say I have.’

‘Oh right – well, I’d really love some coffee – do you think you could squeeze me in?’

He removes his shades and I notice he has the most breath-taking cerulean eyes .

‘I’m sorry we’re closed.’

He continues to stare at me for a few more seconds and then after a while slips his shades back on. ‘That’s a real shame Madam the coffee here sure looks tasty – maybe another time.’

As the strange guy departs - I catch a glimpse of Scott spying on me through the crack in the door.’ Are you having flashbacks baby?’ he smiles.

‘Don’t call me that. You know I hate it when guys call me that.’

‘But you are my baby.‘ He points over at my stomach. ‘And more importantly so is she.’

He disappears behind the till– and I watch as the strange guy crosses the street and into the building. And then it hits me.

I was just another Hollywood waitress.

And it didn’t even occur to me to mind.

                                                     ** The End**