six; games

I swung my legs back and forth while checking the time on and off. It was six in the evening and I was absolutely bored.

Both my parents were out on a function which left me all alone in the house and even though I probably had a lot of things that I could do, they didn’t seem to catch my interest.

It could probably be because my mind was still reeling over yesterday’s events.

I had been internally squealing the whole day every time I thought about the conversation Derrick and I had. He didn’t feel embarrassed to be seen with me! All this while, I had been so flustered and worried over nothing and that made me feel like a fool.

Jumping down from the table I was sitting on, my eyes raked around the library for something to do. I had thought of going about to hang out with Derrick but part of me was scared that he’d get bored of me. Glancing towards my phone, I decided to call up a few of my friends and hang out.

“Hey Claire, want to go the mall? I’m dead bored here,” I said when she picked up. Shuffling went about in the room and then I heard her perky voice speak up.

“Ray! Hey, it’s been a while. You must have been so busy with your dad’s elections coming up. Yeah sure, meet there in five?”

I nodded my head, before remembering that we were on the phone.

“Yeah, okay. By the way, invite Josh and Daniel as well. It’s been a while since the four of us hung out.”

“Are you sure, Ray?” she asked tentatively. “I mean, not to say anything, but you do know Josh still likes you right?”

“That doesn’t mean we can’t be friends right?”

“Yeah, yeah. I just didn’t want to hurt his feelings or anything. See you there.” She hung up the phone soon after and I bit my lip. Josh was a guy who’s apparently had a crush on me since early this year. He confessed to me once, but I rejected him nicely since my heart obviously had been stolen by a certain dark haired boy.

Slipping on into my some snug jeans and sweater, I glanced outside my window and frowned. It’s been snowing like crazy lately and it was getting annoying. I do love winter, but sometimes the snowing gets too heavy.

I snatched my car keys off the counter and sent a quick text to mother, informing her of my whereabouts. She tends to worry too much and I didn’t want to call the police or something, thinking I’m missing.

Starting up my car, I texted Claire that I was on the way and replied a message from Derrick. We’ve been texting all day today and it was amusing to see how he has interesting stories to tell at every passing moment.

I swerved into a parking lot, and made my way into the mall. From the entrance, I spotted Claire and shocking red hair as she waved at me to get my attention. I placed a smile on face and gave her hug.

“It’s been so long! The last time I saw you, we were at your father’s buffet,” she remarked. I gave her a smile before acknowledging everyone else, giving each of them a hug.

“Hey Ray! Gosh, you were so busy that I thought we won’t get to see until school reopens,” Daniel teased and I shoved him playfully. Josh gave me an easy smile and we all made our way to the pizzeria.

As I slid into one of the booths beside Claire, a waiter came up to take our orders.

I just didn’t expect the waiter to be Derrick.

I mentally berated myself for not remembering the fact that Derrick works here. He’s going to think that I’m stalking him or something, gosh.

“What can I get you?” he said with a smile that almost turned me into goo right there.